News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

New to motorcycles

Started by mack605, February 06, 2015, 01:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mack605

Hi all,

I purchased my first motorcyle last August an 08 KLR from a local guy that I'm I imagine some you probably know. I took the Basic Riders Course to get my license and have been having a blast easing my way into things ever since. I've always been an outdoor and back road enthusiast and knew if I was ever going to buy a bike I wanted it to be off road capable. My budget was small and a long time friend and adventure biking enthusiast who lives in Oregon recomended the KLR as an affordable and relible option. My fiance, who has some bike experience, is now looking to get one as well. My online searching led me here and I figure this group would be a great resource for information and a way to meet fellow riders in BH area. I've lived in the hills since 2001 and have loved exploring them since the day I arrived. I'm now excited to se them from a new point of view on the back of my bike! I'm afraid my dog is a little sad about the idea though! Anyway I look forward to meeting some of you in the future and imagine the little lady and I will be attending the rally I see sceduled for June. As an avid snowboarder I enjoy winter but must confess the bike has me longing for summer. It's been a mild winter though and I've had the bike out more than I expected the past couple months. In fact I think tomorrow is gonna be one of those days!

Hope to see you all around!
Al

Hank

Welcome to DDSR!

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

grubbie

Welcome! You can usually find someone to ride with on this board whether there is a rally going on or not. And by the way, I have seen a lot of cool stuff attached to a KLR, I think a doggie seat would be an acceptable modification.

greatbuffalo

Welcome.

I own, as many others do, a KLR and love it. It is what it is and works.... always.

I'm a skier not a boarder, so we can't hit the slopes together. Just wouldn't be right. ;D

Looking to meet you.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?