News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Started by Chaz925, February 09, 2014, 09:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaz925

My name is chuck. I live in east grand forks, mn now. Originally from the Aberdeen area then lived in rapid city for awhile. I haven't bought the ds that I'm going to ride yet but I'm eyeing a klr 650 and an xr 650.  I Found this site looking for trail maps and info about riding dual sports in the black hills.  My brother in law and I are planning to ride from grand forks to the hills and do some trail riding then ride home.  We go to the hills with the Harleys every year for the sturgis rally, then take the camaro out for Kool deadwood nights, and we usually take another trip there and bring our bicycles. I see there is a ride in June, and we are checking if it works out for our schedules.

Hank

Welcome Chuck.    Winter must be getting really long up there.  Its bad enough in Eastern SD!

Come on out to the June rally.. its a good time.

greatbuffalo

Welcome to the asylum. There are a few members up in your general vicinity. Lots of good folks here on the forum.

Good luck finding a DS ride. You can't go wrong with the KLR. There are many other fine rides out there and everyone has a different opinion on which is the best one. Depends on what your doing with it. Single track isn't always the bast place for a KLR but doing 65 down the road isn't really the place for my 250F. You will find lots of opinions in this forum. I dare you to ask...  :evil

Looking forward to meeting you.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Hey Chuck, welcome from the western half of the SD.  Try to make the "June Rally" you will enjoy it.  If you can't make it then, will help you find trails to ride when you do.  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Chaz925

Oh wow hank, winters are really tough up here. Thanks for the welcomes great buffalo and lonesome Dave.