News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Hello from Nebraska

Started by Radar, May 12, 2014, 12:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radar

My name is Kendell, and I ride a '08 KLR 650. I'm in the process of gearing up for my first "big ride". I live in central Nebraska and Dual Sport riders are very rare here for some reason. Anyway, I am going out to Colorado for 5 days and when I get done your June ride is two days later, and would like to attend. I'm pretty new so advice and wisdom from experienced riders is what I look for.
Happy Riding!

Hank

Hi Kendall,

Nice to have you here.

My advice would be to bring your bike, helmet, boots, and be prepared to have fun!     Its a pretty laid back gathering.

Plenty of variety in the area, so you'll find something to ride that works for you.

greatbuffalo

Welcome to the group and look forward to riding with you.

Like Hank said, bring your bike and gear and be ready for a good time..
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Welcome Kendall to our little group.  The only advice I would say, after owning a couple of KLR's, bring two front sprockets.  One for the road and one for trail.  I don't remember what the stock sprocket is, I think 14 tooth.  Buy/bring a 13 tooth (less than 30 bucks) along to gear it down a little.  There's always tools at the rally to change the sprockets around.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Radar

funny you should mention sprockets, my favorite brown truck just dropped off new sprockets. I plan on running a 16t on the road and 14t for the trail.

sandhillrider

Hi Kendall

Adventure riders are few here in Nebraska. I'm from around Petersburg have found no one around
here that likes gravel. What part of central are you near? I rode out to the fall rally last year, had a great time, great group of guys. Hope to make the spring rally and meet you.

Mark

Radar

Sandhillrider, I live in Arcadia, about an hour north of Grand Island. I look forward to meeting you at the rally

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

greatbuffalo

Mark, good to hear from you. Glad your still hanging around. Hope to see you at one of our rallies again. Hope all is well.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?