News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

New to DDSR - from Rapid

Started by Jordan Marshall, February 07, 2015, 05:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan Marshall

Hey, just signed up for the site to keep track of what is going on and hopefully go on a few rides.  I have been a hills rider/enduro rider for the last 5 years or so, but wanted to get an adventure bike setup to go on longer multi day trips if I can get away from the house that long.

Bike 1: YZ450 that is setup for woods riding but stock gas tank and no license plate

Bike 2: 09 KLR that I just got with a bunch of accessories that came with it.

KLR wasn't my first choice, that would be one of the KTMs (690 or 990) but I was trying not to spend too much money.  I hope to get out for a few hours here and there and maybe a longer saturday ride or two.  At some point this spring or summer I am planning on doing the DAKAL.

The KLR sure is a pig, but I think I can make it work good for me.  Look forward to meeting some of you guys but I probably won't make the planned rally this summer, or maybe I can make the first day or two of it.  Fathers day is always when they schedule the Inyan Kara enduro which I hope to race in again.

greatbuffalo

Welcome. Always nice to see new folks come into the group.

I think the Inyan Kara Enduro is on the 14th this year but I've been know to be wrong before.

The KLR is a pig and thats exactly what I call mine. I've learned the KLR will do most of what you want it to do but you can't push it. You've gotta be patient and tractor through stuff.

The DAKAL is a hoot. I've done probably 4/5 of it. I haven't got the upper Northern areas yet, maybe ths spring I will finish.

Hope to see on a ride or the rally. I'm in Mitchell so I don;t get out there very often for day rides.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

loingrader

Don't discount that KLR.  Given the chance it may amaze you what it can do while being exceptionally rugged and reliable.  Welcome to the site!

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

Welcome Marshall, sorry I missed this.   You and your KLR will be right at home with us.