News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

1986 XR200R in Lead

Started by plumber mike, September 13, 2010, 09:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plumber mike

I'm looking to upgrade some parts on my Xcountry, and this is the only way to fund the project. I hate to do it, but it really only gets ridden once or twice a year. I'm asking $900 on ADV, but for you guys/gals.......$800 if you promise to take good care of it.
So.....up for grabs is a low use, all original 86 XR200R. For those not in the know, the 86 was THE best year for these bikes. 84/85 had dual carbs. 88 and up went to a cheaper suspension.

Needs nothing mechanical. Always clean oil. A few cosmetic flaws, and the tires still have life.

It's plated with clean title, but that's not a biggie for fellow Dakotians. It needs a brake light to be street legal (I've never been hassled)

I'm the second owner. The original owner lives in Sturgis. He bought it for his wife, and she rode only a few times. It sat in his garage for years. He took it to Outdoor Motorsports annually with his other bikes for fresh oil and carb cleaning, so it's been babied, basically.

I can bring it to our Rally for anyone who might want to ride it
Thanks for looking :)

loingrader

what will you do when you bmw breaks down?  i thought a good japanese backup bike was 100% necessary for bmw ownership?

nice bike by the way.  buyers will not be disappointed!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

jacin theis

That comment mad me mad, unitl i realised i bought a WR as a backup to my GS.  ::) Got me.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

plumber mike

Quote from: loingrader on September 13, 2010, 03:28:03 PM
what will you do when you bmw breaks down?  i thought a good japanese backup bike was 100% necessary for bmw ownership?

nice bike by the way.  buyers will not be disappointed!

I hope you didn't just jinx me ???

I've got the old Yammie 750 special running like a top, just need to decide which knobbies to put on it 8)

I didn't say the Beemer would be my last bike :-X I'm ready to take my BMW ownership to the next level. Ohlins, Excel and H-B NEED my money.

The Yeti

What's the seat height on that thing?  That might just be perfect for my wife to start learnin' on!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

JoniJo

This is bound to piss somebody off  ;D

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7110381/

I'll be riding Friday and Saturday.

Gonna miss you Mr & Mrs Yeti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joni

JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

plumber mike

Quote from: The Yeti on September 13, 2010, 04:31:00 PM
What's the seat height on that thing?  That might just be perfect for my wife to start learnin' on!

I wen't down to the garage and measured from the seat to the floor. 36" ??? Surely I'm not measuring properly as an xr650r is claimed to have a 36 or 37" seat height. I guess I'll look a little more into it, because I know a short person can ride this bike. My wife rode it fine. She's 5'6". You'll just have to bring her up and take her out for a ride ;D

Joni- That video is hilarious. Thanks for sharing ;D

loingrader

i have 2 knobby tired bikes in my garage plus a 4 wheeler and 3 street bikes.  so why does this bike keep popping up in my head like i have to have it?

is it because i've seen it in action with mike at the helm?

is it because it looks so darn good after mike cleaned it up?

is it because i have a soft spot for all older bikes, bikes with knobbies and hondas?

i think it's just because i have a slight addiction...  someone buy this quick and take away my temptation. 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Dr Psyko

ditto. I've been looking around for a beginner bike for my 12 yr old. Thank God you're 700 miles away!
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

The Yeti

Quote from: JoniJo on September 13, 2010, 09:39:23 PM
This is bound to piss somebody off  ;D

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7110381/

I'll be riding Friday and Saturday.

Gonna miss you Mr & Mrs Yeti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joni

"Gortex Whale Foreskin Adventure Riding Suit"   ROFLMAO!!!   ;D  That vid was hilarious!  Thanks Joni!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

plumber mike

Quote from: Dr Psyko on September 14, 2010, 09:59:22 AM
ditto. I've been looking around for a beginner bike for my 12 yr old. Thank God you're 700 miles away!

It's plated. How about a fly-n-ride ;D I can pick you up at the airport. Your child will thank you for it, and nothing says "adventure" like a 700 mile trip across the plains on a 200 with no brake light 8)

flexlarson

I had that same bike .I loved it and got spanked on one at the indoor enduro. LOL   Broke it all to hell , forks, kick start, rear shock, bent valve thats it.but I still liked it when I sold it. I rode it like a mountain bike. YETI only thing its a kicker and Id say your wife needs electric start.
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..