Might move West.. Discuss please..

Started by Hank, April 26, 2014, 03:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plumber mike

I always thought those were cheesy. Kind of like a bump on adv. I'd buy your house, but only if mine sells for what I am asking. Ugh.

Hank

Quote from: plumber mike on May 04, 2014, 02:27:33 PM
I always thought those were cheesy. Kind of like a bump on adv. I'd buy your house, but only if mine sells for what I am asking. Ugh.

I agree, but I think its the norm for real estate.    I bet only 1 in 4 buyers has their house sold and is really ready to buy.
At least deals like this have a 3 day right of first refusal clause, so that if a cash buyer (or better offer) come along you can take it.

plumber mike

Have you found an agent in spear? Or rapid? I deal with these guys on a fairly regular basis, so I know the movers and shakers ??? Let me know if you need any numbers. I also work closely with property managers if you thought you might want to rent for a bit. Anything I can do to help.

Remember too, there is a surplus of raw land. It will be cheaper to build, but starting now would be important to be in by the new school year.

If all else fails, I'd sell you mine 8) bargain in the hills. I can't believe my neighbor sold for 420k last year and another just listed at 600k+ this spring. We only paid 165k and have 8ac vs 5. Could probably sell rather quickly at 250k....but......there is also a shortage of homes in the 200-300k range. Plenty above and a few below.

There are ALOT of homes on the market out here....buyers playground for sure. But remember the good weather brings tourists who buy homes at higher prices than locals, so start looking now. June, July and August are busy with showings and some bloated prices. One local agent suggests late September, October as the number one closing time for the hills. Prices then drop until next summer

Bogus Jim

Probably worth mentioning that a Harbor Freight store is going to open in Rapid City... yet another reason to move, you'll have a local source for high-quality tools.  ;D

Osnabrock

Quote from: Bogus Jim on May 05, 2014, 06:34:12 PM
Probably worth mentioning that a Harbor Freight store is going to open in Rapid City... yet another reason to move, you'll have a local source for high-quality tools.  ;D

That's funny. 
I just went to pick up a "high quality" compression tester from my local Harbour Freight store today. It was a suburban madhouse in there.  Strangely the busiest store I've been to in Minneapolis area since I've lived here, other than REI on a big sale day. 
Happy searching Hank. 
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Hank

LOL.. harbor freight.   Home of "one time if you're lucky" tools.    I remember breaking a fly wheel puller from harbor freight right out of the package.    Flywheel never came loose either.

Plumber Mike, we are hooked up with an agent (LD's daughter!).   Going to check out some places this weekend.

greatbuffalo

LD's daughter, aye? Glad she takes after her mom.  :evil :evil :evil :evil

Say what you want about harbor freight but the wheel chocks I bought from them at 34 bucks shipped was far better than the 145 bucks +  shipping elsewhere.

I look at it like this. If I use a tool everyday and that's how I make my living, I'll pay the extra. If, however, I need a particular tool to work twice a year, I'll take the cheapo, most of the time.
Wish I had a HF closer to me. There is a Northern Tool in Sioux Falls now. Problem is that I get to Sioux Falls like twice a year. I get out to Rapid more often.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

plumber mike

The one thing I miss about living in Denver, is the harbor freight.  I'd say I'm about 9 for10 on getting good tools for super cheap. Err. Cheap tools super cheap. Some of them just won't die even tho they are supposed to.

Happy looking!

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: greatbuffalo on May 06, 2014, 03:58:44 AM
LD's daughter, aye? Glad she takes after her mom.  :evil :evil :evil :evil

Hey, you posted at 2 in the morning, shouldn't you be changing a bed pan somewhere?  :o
Older - Wiser - Faster !

tannerc

Harbor Freight coming to Rapid! Harbor freight has its place in the tool world just like GB said that specialized crap you only use once in a blue moon, plus the disposable stuff, wire brushes and such. I have 5 or more of their free multi meters and they work good for what I use them for keep one in each vehicle and always put one in saddles bags if im going distance. I also bought their motorcycle jack, same thing as the craftsman just 50 bucks cheaper.
Just another reason to move to rapid.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Bogus Jim

We'll have Harbor Freight, Walmart, and Cabela's in the same town. It's like heaven for KLR owners!

Hank

Didn't it used to be called Harbor Freight and Salvage?   

I remember when I was a kid, maybe once a year a there would be a semi trailer selling cheap tools that would come through Watertown.   I don't remember if that was a Harbor Freight thing or not.

Dr Psyko

As a KLR owner, I have to say HF and Wallmart are too damn expensive. If I can't find it by the side of a road, or trade a used tire for it, I don't need it!
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Hank

The other source of cheap tools when I was a kid was JC Whitney, but my thrill of cheap tools never lasted as they'd often fail on first use.     Harbor Freight is likely much better than it was back then.    If they weren't, they'd be out of business.

I've always had a thing for tools.   I had my first paid job when I was 12 or 13, and I vividly remember taking my first  earned money into Coast to Coast in Watertown and buying a decent set of Thorson and TAT (Thorson allied Tools) tools.    I still have and use many of those tools.   I think nearly all my 3/8" drive sockets are from that set, as are many of my metric end wrenches.

greatbuffalo

Quote from: Bogus Jim on May 06, 2014, 10:51:43 AM
We'll have Harbor Freight, Walmart, and Cabela's in the same town. It's like heaven for KLR owners!

Laughed my backside off over that.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?