News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

DDSR stickers

Started by loingrader, August 12, 2008, 10:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Okay, finally got some time to play with the logo. Here's a few quick ones. Kind of a direct rip-off from ADVRider, but I like it, it's simple. Of course, I prefer the KTM version.  ;D

Plain:

DSR version:

KLR version:

And the mighty KTM!

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

The Yeti

Hey, I kinda like this one! Outline of the states:

The Yeti

One more and I'm going to bed:

fringefan

I like them all except the last one is ?

Jared

Yeah the state outline is pretty sweet!  Kinda subtle too, like it could just be texture if you didn't know what you were looking at.

loingrader

they all look good to me.  if we had a red star or a dot or something on the state one where the black hills are located it may be kinda neat.  you would be amazed at how many people don't even know where south dakota is, much less the black hills.  riders aren't always the brightest bulbs.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

Really nice work everyone!

I'd like to see Aqua's KLR or KTM one but with the font that Dustin used.   I dig that font.

Dustin

I think we should KISS ;D...  (Keep It Simple Stupid)

I like the simple designs better. More like the Adventure rider one. Maybe it would be a good idea to keep the bikes off the stickers. Since not everyone can own KTM's :)

The Yeti

Yeah, I was just kinda screwin around with the bikes on the stickers...in case we wanted to make multiple versions.  ;D

My favorite, so far, is the one with the states outline, I'll clean it up a bit more tonight though, the state boundaries are a little blurry and it's buggin me. I hate the one with Rushmore. :P  I could do some in different colors than white, any interest in that??

RE: putting a star on the Black Hills...not sure if I like that idea, but what the hell, I'll give it a shot. If anyone esle has suggestions, fire away!

Jared

That's another advantage of Yeti's state outline one - it's not bike-specific.

> the state boundaries are a little blurry and it's buggin me.

Yep it'd be nice to have those nice and crisp.

> RE: putting a star on the Black Hills

I'd like it w/o the star, the region is good enough IMO.

> If anyone esle has suggestions, fire away!

Maybe see what it looks like without the whitespace around the DDSR letter?  i.e. the black of the borders and the letter is touching.

Also possibly scoot the border layer a bit to the right, so that you can lose the line of Michigan in the last "R", but only if you can keep the line of western Wyo out of the first "D" ... then again this would make the border of eastern SD kind of close to the "S" ...
ANYway, just thinking out loud since I'm bored! :D :D

Also, Dustin if you could shoot Yeti the .TTF of that font, he could try his logo with your font, that might spice it up a bit.  Also send it to me (imperative at hotmail dot com) and I could mess with it too for Jason.

The Yeti

Cleaned up the states a bit and added "ride the hills":

And another one on a whim:

I kinda like the camo, but not really sure about it....

LittleJacket

I love the last last one with "ride the hills" on it.  It's clean, crisp, and versitile enough to make other prints such as the camo-which is also sweet!  It looks perfect to me!  Let's print 'em!

rpjohnso

Dustin

I really like the design of the "states" but I'm not diggin the "ride the hills". For some of us we're not lucky enough to  live in the hills.  :)

Hank

Quote from: Dustin_P on September 02, 2008, 09:20:04 PM
I really like the design of the "states" but I'm not diggin the "ride the hills". For some of us we're not lucky enough to  live in the hills.  :)

True, but the main draw for the area, and the target audience will more often than not be people who are planning or have been on a trip to the hills.

I like the bike design better than the states, but then anything will work for me.   I guess everyone has their .02 - will be up to Ryan, Chad and Brian to ultimately decide what they want.   In reality, with what it costs to get this kind of thing printed, there could be 5 different designs made up for little money.   Or am I all wet?

The Yeti

I'm starting to be more partial to the camo design, myself.