News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

New Black Hills Member

Started by Bogus Jim, June 10, 2010, 08:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogus Jim

Hi guys (and gals),

After a 20 year absence from motorcycling, I decided to get a bike again and see what this dual-sport thing is all about. I've previously owned a Kawasaki KE125 and a Honda 500 Interceptor. After surveying the current field of dual-sport bikes, I decided on a new '09 WR250R. I was skeptical about the 250cc - I thought I would miss the power of a 400 or 650. But after riding the WRR for a couple months, I have to say this bike is a blast on the trails, and does OK on the highway too.

I'd like to come out to the rally this year and ride with you guys... I need to meet some local trail guides to show me where the good stuff is. My name is Jim and I live in Rapid.

Here's a link to some pictures from a 2-day trip I did last weekend. Not a challenging ride by dual-sport standards, but the weather was gorgeous, and I don't think I've ever seen central South Dakota look this green.

R.C. - Mobridge Loop

And because I'm a new bike owner, of course I have to include a photo of the bike. This was taken on the 709 trail. Looking forward to meeting some of you.

Hank

Welcome Jim!  I'm sure you'll find plenty of willing and able trail guides here.

Hope to meet you next week!

The Yeti

Quote from: BogusJim on June 10, 2010, 08:18:08 PM
...I decided on a new '09 WR250R...

Welcome to the club, Jim!   ;D (I'm a fellow WRR owner...and we have three more on the forum here.)

I'd like to come out to the rally this year and ride with you guys...

Welcome to the forum, too! Visit the sign-up thread and I'll get you on the list.

I need to meet some local trail guides to show me where the good stuff is.

I'm up for a ride just about anytime and live in Rapid as well. Post up here whenever you feel like riding!

Here's a link to some pictures from a 2-day trip I did last weekend.

Simply awesome photography, Jim. What camera are you using?  I love your captions, too! I never take out the time to do that, but it adds a lot to your slideshow. LOVE IT!

Hope to meet you next week.

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

welcome jim,

for the riding you have access to out in the hills, you bought the perfect bike.  i'm glad you're enjoying it!

awesome slideshow!  it makes me feel guilty thinking i have to head to the hills for fun dual sporting when i've got roads like the ones you rode right outside my backdoor!

see you in a week.  ride safe

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Bogus Jim

@Yeti - I use a Panasonic DMC-ZS3 camera. It has a decent lens, for a pocket camera anyway. Not sure yet how it will hold up to a season of bouncing around in the tank bag.