News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

My rear tire won't die!

Started by The Yeti, November 02, 2008, 10:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Been trying to kill this thing for a month now, and this is just about what it's looked like for the last 1000 miles! (D908RR)

I keep thinking that it'll be done after this ride, but it just keeps hangin in there...I don't understand it, but I'm happy. Got about 4k on this tire, and I like to really thrash the rear!  ;D

My next rear WILL be a D908RR. (this is my first, got a new one on order).
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

try practicing some nice smokey burn outs yeti.  they are fun, look kinda cool, and ruin rear tires asap.

get a good grip on the front brake. 

rev the bike up to about 4k

dump the clutch

hang on.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

As soon as my new rear comes in, a few nice burnouts are on my list of things to do.  ;D

Jud

I wouldn't call that tire done either; I like to wring all the goodness out of them, as you appear to do. But a lot of guys would have binned that tire a thousand miles ago.

fringefan

When the middle is smooth, then it is done.

The Yeti

Quote from: Jud on November 10, 2008, 06:18:21 PM
I wouldn't call that tire done either; I like to wring all the goodness out of them, as you appear to do. But a lot of guys would have binned that tire a thousand miles ago.

Gonna take it out on the snow this weekend and see how she does on some slick stuff!   ;D

The Yeti

Quote from: The Yeti on November 11, 2008, 09:40:14 AM
Gonna take it out on the snow this weekend and see how she does on some slick stuff!   ;D

Will probably look a lot like this:

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=Mhv8nyWG744&feature=related