New to the forum ... I ride MX, woods, street, and now Timbersled in the winter.

Started by Thermomechanical, December 26, 2013, 09:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thermomechanical

Hello

I was introduced to the forum by Lonesome Dave today. He saw me with my Timbersled KTM 450, and asked me about it. I let him ride it a bit, and I came to check out the forum!  Looks like a pretty neat site! 

I was born in Deadwood, live in Spearfish now, and I have ridden all types of motorcycles my whole life.  I feel like a dying breed as most of my friends are getting atv's and razr's, etc ... But I like motorcycles.  And now, with the Timbersled, I can ride year round!  Pretty exciting!
If any of you would like to consider equipping your bike and coming out in the deep snow - please get a hold of me. I can tell you what my experience has been, and perhaps save you some time or money in figuring out what is needed, and what is not, etc.

Happy Trails!!!
Scott

Hank

Hey welcome!    I just got a message from LD, he sounded a bit giddy after his ride!

Hope you post some pics over in the snow bike post.

Thermomechanical.. does that mean we have another engineer in the bunch?

LD - I'll call you tomorrow!

greatbuffalo

First off welcome to the site. I think its a great bunch with a passion for the trail.

Second..................... You let Dave ride it? Apparently you haven't heard.............

Just joking, he doesn't do that much damage.

Wish I was out there closer, I'd love to check it out and get a bit of handlebar time. They look like a blast to ride.

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Hey Scott, I didn't see this post right away.  I told my little story on the snow-bike thread.  Welcome again. 

Hank, your right, I probably sounded like an idiot on the phone!

GB, If I hadn't been afraid of tipping it over, considering I didn't know this guy, it would have been even more fun.  But I must say, I could hardly reach the ground or should I say snow, and it was a foot deep.

Oh by the way, that 450 rocked.  I can't imagine what it would be like with rolling tires.
LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

I couldn't get the direct facebook video link to work, but when I was there I saw we were mutual friends with Paul Oppelt, so I sent ya a friend request :)

I've known Paul since about 98 and we've taken a few bike trips together.   He even rode my DRZ out to the Hills with me once for a rally.  I see him a few times a week.