News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Noob from the Ozarks in AR

Started by Dagwood_55, June 18, 2014, 08:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dagwood_55

Howdy from North Arkansas.

Planning on a week of camping and riding with my wife in a couple of weeks to the BHNF.

Thought I'd see if any of you guys would share some good GPS tracks.  Thinking about camping around Nemo.

My wife and I ride 2up on a VStrom, so we're not too rambunctious, but we like to do easier NF gravel roads and we ride all day.
Might plan a trip this fall with the guys and ride my 690 for a little more action.

And if anyone ever makes it to the Ozarks to ride, I'd be happy to share good tracks in our area also.

Thanks,

vic

Lonesome Dave

Welcome Dagwood, we are having our summer rally starting tomorrow.  To bad you couldn't make that.  You may not get a lot of response right now because everyone is traveling to the rally.  Next week will get back to normal.  My wife and I also ride the Wee, she loves it, last summer we went to Yellowstone on it.  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

loingrader

Welcome.  I love riding in the area around Table rock Lake.  Been going there every summer for decades.  The water skiing is decent too.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

greatbuffalo

My best advice is to look at the map and find an interesting place to head. With a GPS and a map you can find your way to and from anywhere. I like to get out and just explore where ever the roads take me. Trails can be a different story as far as getting in and out but NF and county gravel raods are pretty good for two up riding.

Have a great ride and enjoy the Hills and welcome to our group. there will be a fall rally if you are in the area. Keep posted here on plans.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

most of the 2-up riding I do is more gravel roads, smooth trails. my wife is typically the navigator on these rides. She basically looks at the FS map and finds a road that goes from where we are to where we want to be and say's "this looks cool?" so that is the road we take, it's always fun.
If you want to let me know when you are going to be in town I will be happy to meet you for a beer and put a few marks on a map for you. sorry, but my I've not yet moved to the modern age. Tha's why I ride with Jim ;)
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Dagwood_55

Thanks for the welcomes.

We're loaded up and just have a little work to do in the morning at our biz and then we're closing up till the monday after the 4th.  Hope to get away between noon and 2pm and hope to make it to our camping spot by dark on Sat.  Which we should be able to easily do unless we go the long and winding route up thru NW Neb.  Hoping to camp at BoxElder Creek CG or else Dalton Lake.  Any suggestions on either??

greatbuffalo

Either one is OK. Not sure what you will for for first come first served sites at this time of the year. Reservations are always suggested but I have gotten lucky, especially after dark on a Saturday.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?