News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Greetings from Central MN

Started by NorShor, November 29, 2008, 10:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorShor

Hello forum members, just found this site on a link from ADV riders. Nice to see a "local" group getting started. I'm Mark, originally from upper Dakota (Mecca as we call it), now living in lake country in MN. Spent a lot of time in the Black Hills and Teddy R mountain biking, in addition to riding them damn green tractors. It would be fun to catch up with some other riders from the area for some weekend hijinks.
Indecision is the key to flexibility

Hank

Welcome Norshor!  Where in lake country?  My in-laws (including DDSR member Crizzay23) are from Detroit Lakes.

NorShor

Hi Hank, I'm located in the Brainerd area, Mille Lacs Lake. Not a lot a good riding in this area, some pretty nice tar roads but not a lot of off road adventuring. Here in MN it's getting more and more difficult to find a place to even ride a mountain bike.

Jud

Mark, you can find some pretty good riding, single track and DS riding around Akeley and over in the Nemadji State Forest off MN23 south of Duluth. Not exactly handy, but not a million  miles away, either.

NorShor

Thanks for the info Jud. I was just in Nemadji on Sunday, my son now lives in Superior. I was wondering if there were some trails open to riding. Been in there on the mtn bike, will be fun to explore some as soon as it dries up a bit.