News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Revin Kevin Wakonda SD

Started by revin kevin, November 29, 2008, 07:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revin kevin

Hey all, suppose I might as well intro myself too. A quick count of bikes around my place ads up to about 13 runners, 3 or 4 near running, plus about 6 or 8 more. Did the HD thing, got out of it almost, now have a "few" of them again,  currently have a Gold Wing on a trial basis, a few vintage flattrack race bikes, a Trials bike- lots of fun, and oh ya, the dual sport thing. I've always had a dirt bike or 2 around so having a street legal one is a must have, started with a SL350 years ago, later went to a XT500- great bike,  still have a TT. Later came a KLR650, loved it for the most part  :-\but? Just had to try the king of the hill so i bought a GS, smooth, powerfull, great on the road, fair on the gravel-"better with TKC's but 3k or less on a $100+ tire =3 rear tires and 1 or 2 fronts  a year wasn't for me" but on the loose stuff or rocks it was just too heavy to be any fun. So, back to the KLR,  ;Dmuch happier 2nd time around, I think I'll keep it.  Do most of my dual-sportin' exploring gravel , minimum maintainance, and other dirt roads in southeast SD and the connecting corners of Iowa,Minnisota, and Nebraska. Last year when driving to and from work, 25 miles each way, I got in the habit of turning on my GPS and making a point of adding a "new line" of bread crumbs on the trip each day, great way to make an adventure out of a short trip to work. Well I've wasted enough of your time telling you about me so give me a shout in the spring and lets explore some of southeastern SD's backroads.  Revin'

Hank

Welcome.  Sounds like we have another hopeless bike junkie on our hands!

revin kevin

Hi  Hank, My name is Revin Kevin and I'm a bikeaholic. ;D

Dustin