News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Hello, from Hazen ND

Started by ndmx743, March 07, 2009, 02:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ndmx743

Hi, my name is Jay VanDyke. I dualsport my KLR650 in the badlands of North Dakota and commute with it daily during the summer. I am 32 years old. I raced motocross throughout my 20's. I try to race some hare scrambles and ride as much as possible. My young family takes up a lot of time though. I went to college in Rapid City, so I am familiar with the riding down there. Great website, I hope to stay in touch!
2006 KLR650, 2005 KX250, assortment of old streetbikes

Crazy Uncle Larry

Hey Jay!

Good to see you on here!

Families have a habit of doing that but hang in there, you may get some riders out of the bunch later on and it will have been worth
the wait.

I ride an old '81 XT 500 and my son, Number Two/Aaron (also on here), just did a 111 mile ride/lap around Laramie, Wyo on the 7th of February. You can read about it in the trip reports. I bet you have some decent riding up your way. Be sure to take some photos and share
a report with us in the future.

Take care and again, welcome.

Crazy Uncle Larry/Larry Hudlemeyer (all of 55 yrs young)
"Let's take a look around the next bend before we turn back."-old Family motto

"Wonder where that road goes?"-2nd old Family motto

Rudyy

Hi Jay, welcome to the site. I live in Center, do a lot of commuting to work on my KLR. I ride in the buttes west of Washburn also. I get kind of bored flatland riding but between the river and the buttes, there is always someplace interesting to ride to, or around, or thru or over. It's the 11th of March, and it was -17 this morning. This winter is really dragging out.  Hope to see you around. ATGATT.

Hank

Welcome Jay!   Hope we see you in June, or at one of the get togethers.

Dustin

Welcome Jay. Years ago I used to do a lot of work in Beulah, Hazen and even the Mercer county jail. I can bet there is some good riding over by the river and stuff. Hope to see you in June!