Hi, my name is Joni and I'm a bike-aholic. Group responds....Hi Joni......

Started by JoniJo, May 14, 2010, 07:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoniJo

Just a wee bit about me. Married, two kids, three cats and a dog. Age - that Heinz #. TMI!!!!! Now on to riding. I love the street and the dirt but my soul is really in the loose stuff. My husband is an avid street addict but he won't touch a dirt bike. I've owned about 25 bikes over the years. Started riding when I was about 12 and never stopped. Current Bikes....'97 Valkyrie and an '07 KLX 250. Best wreck... a missed corner in the Missouri twisties on a little Hayabusa. I live in Omaha and work at Cabela's in the firearms department. Yes....that's my other passion. Done Sturgis many times but now prefer to visit the rally a couple of weeks before or after. I've booked a guest room at FNF for the June ride. I hope to meet a bunch of new riding buddies!                          Joni T McCue     Molon labe
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

fringefan

Hank

Very cool!  Welcome, and we'll see you in June!

OH and I can totally relate to the bike-a-holic thing.   I think I'm at 29 or 30 lifetime.   My wife loves it.  Or not.  Actually she likes bikes just fine, just not my short attention span :)

loingrader

welcome!

another bike-a-holic here too.  got 6 running and rideable bikes in the garage(s) that have my name on the title.  usually a couple of other ones hanging around too.  how many is too many?  i don't have much invested in them so i convince myself it's ok.  convincing the wife is a little harder sometimes...
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Welcome JoniJo!  I can't help but notice your age on your provile....151.  I think you're gonna fit right in here.  :chug
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

joni, any good riding down around omaha?  that is where my sis beth (the one at the rally also on the klx250) is living and she may be up to riding some trails.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

JoniJo

First....I really apologize for not getting back you earlier on this topic. Second....It was nice meeting you and your sister! As far as riding around here, it's been pretty slim. I used to have some great connections on some farm land over on the Iowa side but they've pretty much dried up. There's a decent Park in Council Bluffs called River View but it's been closed because of bridge construction and flooding. I'm doing a lot of hunting for spots as we speak. Would she like to ride a sparsley ridden Moto-cross track about an hour from here? www.razorsedgemx.com You can ride it at a slow pace and it's like riding hilly trails. If you go during the week hardly anybody's there. Does she ride "street"? I'll keep you posted if I find any good spots. Until then, I'll be riding in the Black Hills. If she would like to contact me....861-9626
                                                                                                                   JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson