News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Number One here in Minnesota

Started by Number One, July 02, 2010, 01:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Number One

Hello all.  I have been hanging around this board checking up on the rides and projects that my Dad (Crazy Uncle Larry) and my brother (Number Two) have been up.  I am currently the owner of a Polaris Xplorer 400L Quad.  My current plan is to sell the quad and replace it with a Honda XR400.  I am new to the Dual sport but very invloved with trail riding.  I am mostly covering trails here in Minnesota but I get back to the Hills once or twice a year.  I also send some time in the Watertown SD area.

loingrader

welcome #1.

as much fun as it is tearing around on 4-wheelers, the opportunities that open up with a motorcycle, both on and off road, make them a far better choice in my humble opinion.

i've got both but would get rid of my 4-wheeler long before I gave up my bike(s).

where in MN are you located?
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Number One

I am located on the south side of the twin cities in Farmington.

Osnabrock

Hey there neighbor.  I live in Minneapolis proper.
Do you ever make it up to Paul Bunyan State Forest riding the quad.  Great trails.  And when you get the XR, great single track and lots of it.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Number One

Quote from: Osnabrock on July 02, 2010, 07:00:51 PM
Hey there neighbor.  I live in Minneapolis proper.
Do you ever make it up to Paul Bunyan State Forest riding the quad.  Great trails.  And when you get the XR, great single track and lots of it.

Ihave only been to the red top area just north of Mora.  When we where up there we also rode some of the Sioux Line trail.

Lee Bruns

If near Watertown, you've probably puttered around at the SOuth Shore trail area also. 
ITs not much but its all we can afford at this time. Be sure to come over for the Offroad Poker run each spring. Thats a HOOT!!

Number Two

Hank

Number One

Hank,

Are there any trails around Watertown.  Mostly all I see is people riding the 4wheelers down the streets.  Hopefully my time with the quad is short lived.  If you catch wind of any hondas for sale be sure to let me know.  I try to get back there once a month.

Lee Bruns

Quote from: Number One on July 07, 2010, 03:12:37 PM
Hank,

Are there any trails around Watertown.  Mostly all I see is people riding the 4wheelers down the streets.  Hopefully my time with the quad is short lived.  If you catch wind of any hondas for sale be sure to let me know.  I try to get back there once a month.

Just North of Watertown is the South Shore Trail area. The GLMC owns it. Only 30 acres but it is fun. Open to the public, no charge. We're trying to build a picnic shelter right now.
    We would apply for additional federal trail funds to enlarge the area and purchase more land, but we need to find another organization in the area to be the clubs successor in case the club ever folds.

Dr Psyko

Another Minnesota guy! I'm from Eden Praire. I've riden in Wisconnie and just recently in the "hills" but never here in the home state. Paul Bunyon the best riding here closeby? I've looked at the state park maps, and there dosn't seem to be much information.

Welcome again! Good group of folks here!

Dr Psyko
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Number One

My quad is now sold.  I am in the market for a Honda XR400R.

Number Two

Number One,

You must look up your laws in Minnesota for converting off-road motorcycles for on road use.  I understand the state changed their laws recently. 

Maybe you want to co-title w/ Crazy Uncle Larry for SD plates?

...just sayin'.

Number One

I have boughtg a bike.  I was able to find a 1996 Honda XR400R in good shape in Dixon MO.  Number two and myself are going to be going over it and making a shopping list for part next week when it gets picked up.  The plan is to have it ready to go by the fall rally.  Hopefully next weekend I can get some time to get use to the bike with the help of more experienced riders.  This will be my first venture on 2 wheels. 

Number Two

Congrats bro! And let me be the first to say:

"This thread is worthless without pics."