News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Let me introduce myself

Started by greatbuffalo, April 07, 2011, 10:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

New here at the forum. I've been an inmate at ADVrider for some time.
I've been riding a long time and owned just about everything under the sun except a Harley. In the past I've owned several smaller "Enduros" and lately its been standard street bikes, especially the older ones. Plenty of 4 wheelers through the garage as well.

Recently I've been bit by the Adventure Touring bug and recently purchased a 2001 Triumph Tiger. I've been running gravel with my old Yamaha XJ and though it was time for a purpose built machine. So far I love it.

I spend quite abit of time running the back roads in my area and like to get out to the Hills several times a year and explore the hidden places that are there for the find all over the place. I'm also very interested in the history of the areas that I explore. I t has a way of enhancing the experience of the find.

I also like to hike, bike, and bushwhack my way along as well as use my Xterra to help in exploration. When I get there I love to take lots of pictures to document to time. I have refrained from riding with too many people cause not everyone likes to stop often for pictures.:)

I'm 45, married to an awesome, understanding lady for going on 27 years and have 2 boys, one with a family and one in college.

I work as a nurse in a small rural hospital in SE SD and love what I do. I take care of what ever comes through the door.

Looking forward to meet some of you and riding. Really looking forward to the Rally in June.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Nice introduction, thank you.    Welcome!

The Yeti

Welcome greatbuffalo!  Always nice to have another in the medical field with the group.   ;)
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

welcome great buffalo.

i work at the hospital in armour and live in platte so i am certainly in your area.  number41 (foster) lives in chamberlain so there are a few of us flat landers out here.

i commute on a beat up 83 honda silverwing so i share your appreciation for the older street bikes.  my enduro is a 92 klr which is no spring chicken anymore.

you've found a great local group and will have a blast at any and all rally's you are able to attend.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

JoniJo

Hi there greatbuffalo!
I was the new kid last year at this time. Welcome to an awesome bunch of people.
Looking forward to meeting you!   ;D

'97 Valkyrie
'07 Kawasaki KLX330 (was a 250)
'71 Honda CB350                                                        JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

greatbuffalo

Thanks for the great welcome folks, I really appreciate it. Counting down to the 2 1/2 weeks of Vacation time on the back of my bike in the Hills. That time will start with meeting some of you people. Should be a very good time. ;D
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

jacin theis

Greatbuffalo, glad your here. I just met some of the folks last fall rally. they are a great bunch, who really ride. Cant wait for the spring rally and the moab trip. When you get out here, post some info, i would love to ride with you.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS