News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

KTM 525

Started by Hank, June 04, 2013, 11:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

The 350 is my dream bike but my $2500 wr450 just gives me too many grins to justify the HUGE price difference.    I'm sure that 350 is worlds better but sometimes ignorance, and perhaps lack of enough skill to know the difference, is bliss :)

Sent from my mobile Commodore Pet

Fletch

Quote from: Hank on June 05, 2013, 03:36:38 PM
The 350 is my dream bike but my $2500 wr450 just gives me too many grins to justify the HUGE price difference.    I'm sure that 350 is worlds better but sometimes ignorance, and perhaps lack of enough skill to know the difference, is bliss :)

Sent from my mobile Commodore Pet

very true, and the reason I try not to ride a newer bike when someone offers me the chance.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Sportfaller

What are the opinions on the '03 ktm 625s, I have an opportunity to get into a VERY clean one for $3500

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Hank

I'm guessing its really under powered.

;)

NDave

Hank is right         However don't fret I will bring my KLR and ride with you      Do we need to still think about grub for Sat nite?     Anybody know if Wacked is in?    now that Gerry is a local  does this mean no more pie?

Bogus Jim

Quote from: Sportfaller on June 06, 2013, 03:29:42 PM
What are the opinions on the '03 ktm 625s, I have an opportunity to get into a VERY clean one for $3500

Some people say the 625 and 640's vibrate a lot. They're the same motor except for the carb. The 625 does not have a cush drive, 640 does. I've not ridden one, my brother has and said it vibrated a lot more than his 690. Also said his 690 vibrates less than his KLR. I think any 650cc thumper will have some vibes so I guess it's all relative.

Sportfaller

I think I'm leaning towards the 525, a little more offroad oriented
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"