News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

FS: SPOT I

Started by greatbuffalo, April 29, 2011, 12:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

I have a SPOT I (first gen) for sale.
I bought it off an inmate on the ADVrider site that used it very little. I haven't used it at all. It turns on as it should and NO reason to believe its not in perfect working condition as it is in perfect physical condition.
I do not have any paperwork, only the unit itself. All the info can be found on line. Pic upon request but it is what it is. Excellent condition.
Asking 40 bucks, shipped CONUS. Or make me an offer I can't refuse. Would also trade for something interesting like a Ram handlebar mount, MP3 player, what ever.
Thanks
GB
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

The Yeti

I have had one of these for about 3 years and wouldn't ride alone without it.  Great peace of mind, for myself and my wife (who can see where I am).  She keeps tracks on me when I'm out solo and knows not to worry unless I stop moving for an extended period of time.   ;D

This is an awesome price!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

greatbuffalo

Just picked up a SPOT II thats why I'm moving this cheap to another adventurer.

The Yeti

Why'd you get a Spot 2?  Is it that different from Spot 1, or did you just get a good deal?

greatbuffalo

The Spot I is the 1st generation model. It is larger in size as well some other differences.

The SOPT II is 2nd generation and has a little more capability (message options). It also has a little safety cover over the 911 button to prevent false signals.

Yes, I got deal on it and and if your interested in the same deal, for this forum I would assist in getting in on it. If I don't sell the SPOT I here I'm ok with that, I'd rather help you guys out.

I can get 3 of these I think, new in package at the Bargain Cave at Cabela's here in Mitchell for 80 bucks + tax. Not sure why they discounted so heavily but they will carry the factory warrantee.
Through SPOT this kit is $169.00
http://www.findmespot.com/gift/

Let me know if I can help anyone with the purchase.

The Yeti

So, you can get a Spot 2 for $80?  I just might go for that.  Is it easy to switch my service over to the new unit?

numb41

... ok I'll be the dumb one.  what is a spotI?

Wacked

I'd be in for a SPOT II deal @ $80.  That sounds like a great deal. 

Please check the seal/fit on the case....  I seem to remember that some of the first SPOT II's had problems with the top and bottom case not mating up properly....   Then again, it could just be the voices in my head!

Thanks,

Wacked

The Yeti

Quote from: numb41 on April 29, 2011, 04:58:51 PM
... ok I'll be the dumb one.  what is a spotI?

SPOT SATELLITE MESSENGER:

http://www.findmespot.com/en/

It's a little gadget that just might save your ass one day.  ;D  Sends out tracking data every 10 minutes, and people can track you on the Spot website.  Has a '911' function, where if you press the button, they will come get you with the helicopter if need be.  Works outside of cell phone range - uses satellites.  If you never ride alone off-road, probably not worth the money...but if you do - it's a no-brainer.

Around $150 for the unit (or $80 on this deal), $100 per year for the sevice, $50 a year for the tracking (if you want it), and about $10 a year for the 'extraction' insurance.

greatbuffalo

Don't know if its still available but SPOT had a deal with thumpertalk.com where they would wave the tracking fee if you put "THUMPERTALK" in for a promo code. The new unit also says 15% off service.

Trying to figure this out for those that want them, the best way to do the transaction. It'll 80 bucks, plus tax, plus some for shipping.

I will be going to the store to pick mine up around noon tomorrow. I will see how many are left and let you know. I know there are at least 3 on the shelf.

The first two that promise to pay, I'll pick them up for you. Yeti and Wacked have first dibs I'd say. I don't want to be sitting on them as there will be no returns to the store d/t bargain cave rules. I will look them over first.

If the store has more I will let you all know and will pick them up when you send the funds.

How do you that will work????

Hoping to pass on a deal to fellow local riders.

Let me know

greatbuffalo

greatbuffalo

SPOT I has been sold to a guy on ADVrider.