News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

snow

Started by woodsrider 53 RCSD, October 05, 2013, 08:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Yea I figured Fletch....."lets try it Joe, National Guard will pull us out if we don't make it"   ::)

Well I just got my power back on, just a few hours short of 7 days.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

ORedenbacher

Glad to hear your power is back on.  Can't imagine almost 7 days without it.  I hope you & LL have a much more enjoyable fall & winter ahead!

QuoteWell I just got my power back on, just a few hours short of 7 days.

Fletch

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on October 10, 2013, 09:09:54 PM
Yea I figured Fletch....."lets try it Joe, National Guard will pull us out if we don't make it"   ::)

Well I just got my power back on, just a few hours short of 7 days.

always braver with the US military behind you. Of course there is plan B as well:

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Lonesome Dave

Thanks Cara, but we lost our power again this morning at 9:15.  Been out all day.  We got another 2 inches of rain last night and today, and the wind blew like crazy.  That of course breaks loose the "hangers" or "widow-makers" and they fall on the lines and we start over again.  What fun!

Everyone might want to look at installing a chainsaw scabbard on their bike for hills riding.  Its going to be a real mess next year. 

Fletch, I like plan B  Is that for the power line trail?   ;)

Older - Wiser - Faster !

ORedenbacher

And now the news talks of flooding around Keystone.   Keep us posted!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

loingrader

You surely have a genny don't ya Dave?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Bogus Jim

The chainsaw symphony continued today. This tree dump on the fairgrounds is about the size of two basketball courts. Late morning, the line of pickups and trailers waiting to dump stretched from the fairgrounds out to Highway 79, then south almost to St. Patrick. Nearly a mile long.

Backhoe dropping trees into the chipper.

Probably the biggest wood chipper I've ever seen. And a pretty big pile of wood chips.

Black Hawk

We finally dug out on Wednesday
fired up the gen and air compressor blew out the water lines in the house and headed for Yuma
We lost 20 % of our trees had lines down
three times in 1/4 mi
will clean up in may when we get back
Still no power on fri when we left.  >:(
Black Hawk SD in the summer
Yuma AZ in the winter

KLE650 for the Black Hills

Lonesome Dave

Black Hawk, I figured you were long gone by now.  I thought about checking your place, but knew your brother is here.  Have a safe trip, and a warm and wonderful winter.   8)
Older - Wiser - Faster !