News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

did everyone see this??

Started by Fletch, July 05, 2013, 08:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleddog

My Brother & I started riding the loop on Thursday. He fell down North of Jewel Cave; that ended his ride :( I finished the "Day 1" section Friday...in the rain.

Other than the mishap, It was an absolutely fantastic ride. The section south of Jewel Cave was gorgeous & remote! I'm anxious to finish the entire loop.

Just at the top of this hill the trail was blocked by a fallen tree.

N43 25.395 W103 50.976

Sleddog

Bogus Jim

I hope your brother is OK.

If you are going to ride section 2 I believe the Trailshead Lodge is closed this time of year, so no gas there. But your KLR probably has enough range even without that gas stop.

greatbuffalo

May need to get a group together to do sometime time.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

sleddog

Quote from: Bogus Jim on September 14, 2013, 09:10:58 PM
I hope your brother is OK.

If you are going to ride section 2 I believe the Trailshead Lodge is closed this time of year, so no gas there. But your KLR probably has enough range even without that gas stop.

Thanks Jim, He'll be ok, just may take a couple months to heal. We don't have the "Tankers" anymore! These are our new  bikes!

A WR & CRF...

sleddog

I had the chance to complete the DakAL. A buddy, from Minnesota, & I came out & rode the entire loop. What a great ride, especially the Northern sections from Bell Fourche to Camp Crook, ND border & Buffalo! Absolutely awesome!

I finished the RR on ADV. Take a look here.   http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=918833

We even ran into this during the ride ;)