News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Upcoming Rally Ride-Custer Loop

Started by Robmicgrn, September 05, 2014, 09:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robmicgrn

I am interested in doing the "Custer Loop" while at the rally next week. It is a 200 +/- loop that we could stop and start at the campground. I have done 75% of it and am eager to conquer the entire thing, in one consecutive attempt. Let me know if your interested. I will be camping, and would like to leave early either Friday or Saturday. 3-4 bikes would be ideal, more than that and we would get too spread out. I think it would be tuff with a single large group, plus getting it done in a decent amount of time. The tracks are somewhere on this forum if you want to download it and take a look. We could also do several smaller groups and send them in opposite directions which might be fun as well.Reply on the forum or send me a PM if your interested or have questions.

On a different note, looking at the forecast for next week  :'( . Rain/snow mix on Friday. But, I have lived here long enough to know that they cannot predict weather out that far very accurately. fingers crossed.

Robert
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Bogus Jim

I'm probably in, haven't ridden this loop in over a year. Weather looks better Saturday but they change the forecast every 6 hours, so who knows...

There is road construction from Boles Canyon all the way to Newcastle. I went thru Sunday evening and there was no pilot car, but if there is one, it might add 15-20 minutes to the gas stop.