News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

a little different kinda riding...

Started by Sportfaller, February 09, 2014, 10:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportfaller

Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Sportfaller

Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Fletch

looks fun! I hate to admit it, but if the snow is good I think snowmobiles may be more fun than dirtbikes.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Hank

greatbuffalo

Is that in the Snowy Mtns?  Thats a butt load of snow. I haven't been snowmobiling since I left NH in 88.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Sportfaller

yeah, half the pictures were from the snowy range near Medicine Bow Peak, the rest were from the Sierra Madres. nearly 120 inches in the snowys, over 80 in the madres. I broke down and bought a sled this week, a 2002, but very well set up for the mountains.  I'm thinking with my new fire responsibilities in the summer buying a brand new bike may not be all that practical, but a new sled might...  It sure was a blast! and being 30 min drive to the best area in WY is a big plus!
Josh

Osnabrock

Wow!!!!
Those are gorgeous places.
I have a friend who takes one big snowmobile trip a year and describes is just as your photos show.  It must be pretty cool to find yourself playing around in areas that a person seldom has the opportunity to see at all.
I'm jealous.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Lonesome Dave

Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

I took a snowcat ski tour in the Snowy Mtns a lot of years ago. Don't know if they still do that. It was a very cool experience and the snow was amazing. It was some of the best Powder I've ever skied.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

Quote from: greatbuffalo on February 10, 2014, 10:31:49 PM
I took a snowcat ski tour in the Snowy Mtns a lot of years ago. Don't know if they still do that. It was a very cool experience and the snow was amazing. It was some of the best Powder I've ever skied.

check into cat skiing at Grand Targhee. you can get some really good deals in December.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike