News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

"GS" Jeff showing off his BBQ skills

Started by greatbuffalo, October 01, 2015, 09:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Here's our very own GS Jeff Parker of Parker's Smokehouse teaching us the finery of rib cookery.

Makes me hungry! Gotta ride down that way some day and try his goods.

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

poleburner

Ok, I am convinced, WE NEED TO GOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P ;D

ryani

If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

greatbuffalo

So, I have half a mind to make a road trip to Parker's in Ashland NE next week, Saturday. Not sure what the weather will be like but I'm gonna half plan for that.

Anyone else interested?

sandhillrider

I might be able to make it work and would like to go.
You coming straight south or going east from Mitchell?

greatbuffalo

Thinking of going straight down through Yankton and heading south east from there or down through running water and then south east. really haven't finalized any plans except I'm going.

Hank

I think we're going to akeley, but if that falls through and my eye is OK by then, I'd like to go.

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

greatbuffalo

Just got an email back from Jeff and he will not be there as he will be at the Nebraska football game but said he will tell the staf to take good care of us. I'm really just looking for a chance to take a ride and those days will be fewer and further between.

So if any wants to meet on the way or have any idea of a route, let me know. I thinking about riding the the river bottom gravel from Mitchell to Yankton but I will have my buddy Paul's son on the back so asphalt is gonna be the surface of the day, plus it being a fairly long ride I don't to slow it down too much. So, I'm open to any route.

My initial plan is to leave Mitchell around 8 am and figure 4 1/2 hours to get there.

sandhillrider

If the ride is all highway you could come south from Running Water to Petersburg meet up and then head southeast or if your crossing at Yankton I could head east and meet you somewhere. Looking like this might work for me.
You will want to time your arrival and departure from Ashland while game is going on or you will never get in the restaurant and you will see what 50000 people driving back to Omaha looks like.

greatbuffalo

The game starts at 2:30 so i figure arriving at the restaurant at 1 - 2pm would be good.

I could ride down and meet you in Petersburg. Its looking like I ma be riding alone as Paul's plans have changed. Would Bonnie be coming as well?

sandhillrider

It would be just me and the mighty dr.
I should know tomorrow if will work.

greatbuffalo

If you have to bail, no worries as its down to only me and you. It may be best to find a time when more folks can go and Jeff will be around.

What do you think?

sandhillrider

More people sounds good and it would be nice to see Jeff.
Looks like we we still be working cattle Saturday so I should be here anyway.

greatbuffalo

This is a dead plan. We'll tr again another time.

greatbuffalo

Sooooooo................

Thinking about attempting this ride again this Saturday the 17th. I know my buddy Paul was thinking about it on his own but I is working out so that I should be able to make the trip as well.

Jeff will be there this weekend as well and promised to take good care of us, maybe even ride some, either in or out, with us, and give us a kitchen tour.

This is not a done deal but I'm trying to gauge interest. I know its short notice but that's how my life, due to work, is these days.