News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Hi Octane gas without ethynol?

Started by JoniJo, September 15, 2011, 08:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoniJo

Jeff and I are in Rapid. We arrived last evening.
On the way out on I-90 we noticed that all the high octane (91) gas was mixed with 10% ethynol. Now, we haven't checked in Rapid yet but are we going to find the same issue?
Are there stations in Rapid without the additional ethynol?
I don't mind running it in my street bike but what about the dirt bikes?
Does this concern anyone but me?    :o
Any input is appreciated.

By the way, we're heading over to Palmer Gulch about 4:00pm this afternoon.
                                                                        See ya'll soon, JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

loingrader

this can be debated forever but i run ethanol in all my bikes that aren't going to be sitting for any period of time (klr650, gl650, cbr1100xx).

you loose a little mileage, loose a little performance and it will go bad faster than non-ethanol, but i have run it with zero problems for years.  i think a weekend of a little ethanol won't hurt a thing, or just run a lesser octane without ethanol.  your big bore klx require premium? 

we run premium exclusively in only 2 bikes, the 73 and 74 RD's. 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Sportfaller

I'm running premium only in my 800gs, no ethanol allowed.  the premium at the stations here in hill city are pure gasoline, dont know about the fuel at KOA
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

JoniJo

OK......found "pure" 91 octane here in Rapid. I'm calmer now.
Loose some power???  :o  Can't have that. After all, I paid good money to go from a 250cc to 330cc!  ;D
Seriously...the debate will continue.
Heading over to Palmer Gulch in about an hour. We are staying in the Lodge. I admire you campers!    :cheers
Selling warm and dry carpet in our room to put your bag down for $10/square foot. How small can you curl up?    ;D

See 'ya soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                         JoniJo (and Jeff)
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

The Yeti

Quote from: JoniJo on September 15, 2011, 01:05:07 PM
OK......found "pure" 91 octane here in Rapid. I'm calmer now.
Loose some power???  :o  Can't have that. After all, I paid good money to go from a 250cc to 330cc!  ;D
Seriously...the debate will continue.
Heading over to Palmer Gulch in about an hour. We are staying in the Lodge. I admire you campers!    :cheers
Selling warm and dry carpet in our room to put your bag down for $10/square foot. How small can you curl up?    ;D

See 'ya soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                         JoniJo (and Jeff)

Joni- lookin forward to seeing you again, as is Mrs. Yeti!  We'll be there late Friday afternoon. Can't miss gerry's pulled-pork sammies!   :eat
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

tannerc

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

greatbuffalo

94 octane, yes 94, can be found at the Cenex (?) on the corner of 384 and 16 north of Hill City.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?