News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

TW200

Started by jacin theis, January 21, 2014, 07:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacin theis

Hey guys, I thought I would start with you all with this. I am coming home the beginning of March to get some furniture and take care of my rental in Rapid City. Since I will be there, I plan to bring a TW200 home and pick up my GS to have here in Louisiana. The wife and I decided to stay a while, and I just cant go without riding anymore.
That said, I don't really want to put this TW into storage, as that seems a shame, and is too hard on the bike. I wonder if anyone knows someone who might like a TW. Here's the details.

1998 TW200, 3021 miles. Runs great, seat is perfect, has a fancy orange box to haul your beer and rain suit. There is a place on the frame where a battery leaked at one time, so the paint was damaged, but overall, this is a sweet little bike. I bought it for $1,800.00 in Dallas to commute on, and it made 70 mpg constantly.  I would like to get  $1,600.00.

If anyone has a lead, my number is 605-787-3985  thanks guys
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Lonesome Dave

Jason, if it doesn't sell here, put it on tw200forum.com  Especially if your bringing it up north, someone will want it along the way.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

I've always wanted one of those in garage to stay. I had one in there but it was just visiting.

I just wish I had a better idea of what my finances were going to be. My wife has a new job, so things have improved some. Let me chat with her.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

jacin theis

LD, I will give that a try if something here doesn't work out.
GB, that would be two to ya, great minds I suppose..... I could even deliver it to you on the way home, maybe that sweetens the deal for you. ;) 
1100 GS

Sportfaller

I may be interested....

price isnt bad!
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

jacin theis

I love when bikes stay in  the group. Josh or GB, just keep me posted if either of you end up wanting it. I can deliver to Mitchell or Rapid, but Laramie is a bit out of the way. Can't wait to see my GS again.....
1100 GS

flexlarson

I like these lil guys. I have a much newer dr 200 id trade ya.
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

jacin theis

Thanks Flex, but it seems that Loingrader has brokered a deal with his uncle in Texas for me. Funny, I bought in Dallas and will end up hauling it back almost to the some area to sell it. If something happens, I will repost, but for now, I owe Bret dinner and beer.....  :)
1100 GS

loingrader

I'm with you Jacin.  I like keeping bikes in the DDSR family.  At least till they go to our extended DDSR family in Zambia.  More than a few dual sports over there wearing DDSR stickers and scars.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro