News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Benefit ride, Sat June 14

Started by YOURDRUNKDAD, June 12, 2014, 11:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YOURDRUNKDAD

Late last month one of our Green Knights was seriously injured in a motorcycle crash. He high sided into the path of an oncoming truck. Without going into any gory details I will just say half helmets are NOT the way to go.  He is recovering after some reconstructive surgeries but has a long road ahead. He is AD Air Force and was working a couple part time jobs to make ends meet. 

Saturday We will be hosting a benefit ride where the proceeds will go to helping his family. 

0700 at the Ellsworth Air and Space Museum there will be a $3 pancake  breakfast.
1100 @ Quaker Steak and Lube is the registration for the poker run. $20.
Quaker Stake is donating %15 of anything purchased to the fund.
The final stop will be at the Garage Bar in Black Hawk where we will have dinner which is included in the registration price.
If you can we would greatly appreciate your participation in helping out.   
I will be manning the Nemo stop since I will be camping there anyway.

thanks in advance. 
Also July 18th a buddy of mine from Ut and I are doing the CO and UT BDR's. If your interested in going let me know.

Hank

Hope you have a good turnout as it sounds like a horrible accident and a great cause..   If I lived out there I'd try to go.

greatbuffalo

Nice to see his extended family rallying around him and his family. As an ER nurse, I will never were any but a full face helmet. Hope this guy can fully recover.

On a side note, Icon released a helmet this year called the Statistic. It is transects the helmet into regions and the percentage of impacts that occur within each region is printed in it. If you look at the area around the front of the helmet and add up the hits, it comes to 41% of impacts would not be protected if not wearing a fullfacer.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?