You don't need a SPOT for this trail...

Started by Bogus Jim, September 23, 2012, 07:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogus Jim

... because if you screw up you'll probably be dead.  :evil   Idaho single track. At 3:09 I can't even see where the trail goes, seems like a dead end at a cliff? ???

ORedenbacher

What a bunch of wannabees.  This looks just like our ride at the fall rally!   

Seriously, I never want to attend this Idaho group's rally...ever...

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

bikergirl4ever

Wow. Im not sure I would even walk that trail, but the scenerey is awesome.
Live, Laugh, Love

JoniJo

Maybe a kayak trip on the river. Riding that trail? Ain't gonna happen!   8)   JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Fletch

I very well may chicken out when I got there, but I would like to at least give it a try :evil
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

jacin theis

Thats the spirit Fletch! i would give it a try, on the WR. You are pretty committed though once you out there.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Fletch

I would definately use the 300, the 990 would be suicide!!  I was about worn out after following Bigus Jim all day saturday..
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

biker4ever

all I know is mine are not that big and made of brass :-[

Lonesome Dave

Man, do I have a long ways to go......or......if I buy a KTM can I do that too?  Hank, how much did you want!  ;)
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Bogus Jim

The rider with the camera is Dave Wood. When he was competing, I believe he was #1 in AMA district 36 for both Pro MX and Enduro AA. A good rider, in other words.  ;)

Here's another of his videos, where he gives some riding tips for steep switchbacks. The trail is pretty gnarly... I get tired just watching it.

Hank

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on September 24, 2012, 08:02:18 PM
Man, do I have a long ways to go......or......if I buy a KTM can I do that too?  Hank, how much did you want!  ;)

With my KTM you could do it better than that!

loingrader

i'd want to hike the trail (it's probable intended purpose) first to scout it out, but i'd ride my kdx on that. 

even on the narrow spots the trail is wider than the bars and some spots look 4 feet wide at least.  i wouldn't be doing 50mph tho. 

if you had 10 feet of pavement beside the trail instead of a drop off, you know dang well that most decent riders would have no problem staying on the trail.  after that it is simply a mental game of suppressing those self preserving thoughts that come with riding on the steep edge of a big drop off!

most of the trail is nice smooth dirt. 

when are we going?   :evil
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?