You don't need a SPOT for this trail...

Started by Bogus Jim, September 23, 2012, 07:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

I've fallen over way too many times on 'nice smooth dirt' to trust my skills when my life depends on it.  Nope...I would NOT ride that for any amount of money or glory.  8)
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

jacin theis

Man, the resonses are all over the board. I am somewhat surprised. You guys ride like animals.... I thought you would all want to go.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

torgo

I'm in,  either the KDX or my new Beta Rev3 I am picking up in Oct.

:evil
Time heals all wounds. But it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

Bogus Jim

Quote from: jacin theisI thought you would all want to go.

I think the DDSR crowd could ride that trail... as long as we didn't try to tow any bikes.  ;D

jacin theis

ow Jim, ow.     that was below the chain, bottom of the knobby, stinks worse than year old ethanol.   Sorry i missed riding with you last weekend!
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Hank

I'd be tempted to try it, but in the end I wouldn't because I can find all kinds of equally fun, or more fun trails that won't kill me if I have a minor brain fart or mishap.

What Bret is saying is totally true (its all in your head)... but.. I'd pass... then go ride a bunch of other cool shit and have a blast.

plumber mike

I would hit that trail like an animal 8)

That animal would likely be a turtle :-[

The scenery looks spectacular and there are probably some tamer trails that are just as much fun. Either way I'm in. It would force me to finally get the chain and sprockets I need to make the Xco rideable again ;D

Fletch

there is actually something similar  (although much shorter) here in the hills. It is on the old single track out of the rifle pit (nera piedmont) used to ride it years ago and always made me nervous. Unfortunatley it has been closed since the fire up there about 10 years ago :(
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

I think I walked along that trail your talking about Fletch, many moons ago. There was a mine on the side of the hill, but its all fenced off these days. Isn't that near Pringle though?
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

o, this one is up by piedmont, just a narrow 3-4' trail along a cliff. only about 50 yards long. I think you take little elk creek road from the service road back to where vehicle travel is prohibited, there is a washed out hillside on your right (the rifle pit). Take the traile up that hillside and it turns left (west) follow it for a mile or two. It's been a long time so not exactly sure where it is anymore?
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

Ahh... There is an area also known as Rifle Pit South of Custer where an Indian attack took place. There is a mine/quarry there that has a trail that runs along the edge. Like I said, that place is all fenced off these days.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?