News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Upton single track

Started by grubbie, November 10, 2013, 07:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grubbie

Friend of mine called and said "Let's go to Upton",...so I did. Weather was great and I was itchin to ride. However, recent snow storm made everything very muddy. The trails there are tight enough as it is, had no control at all most of the day. You could turn your front wheel, but it didn't do much good. Had to stop ump-teen times to dig mud out because it kept locking up our wheels. That bentonite mud just doesn't come off. Running T-63's I did better than their bikes mounted with trials tires though. They really held on to the mud.

tannerc

That stuff look slippery...

more pictures!
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

grubbie

yeah it was definitely slippery! I don't have much for pictures, Caitlin didn't bring her go pro and I was pretty busy trying to stay upright. Too bad, I was behind Jason for a while and he ate mud 3 times that I saw. I almost wrecked I was laughing so hard. It was a fun day watching each other sliding around. They are both better riders than I am, it was nice to turn the tables give them a little crap for a change.

Hank

This might be a dumb question, but where is Upton?

woodsrider 53 RCSD

Upton Wyoming is about 30 miles West of Newcastle. Check it out on youtube Upton National Enduro race. Grubbie is that single track open to public year round. And do you get all the way to I 90 from there. 

grubbie

Yeah Woody I have never seen it closed, but that mud is a bitch in spring. I-90 is 25 miles away via 16 to moorcroft, or 30 (approx) miles to Sundance via 116. You could get all the way to Deadwood area without hitting pavement I believe, cutting over to 85 and going across. It is definitely not as challenging as most of you are used to, but it is fun. If you ride it fast it can be tricky cause it's so tight, but if you take it slow it is pretty easy. Not rocky at all and no big climbs. Im on vacation and weather is lookin good! Might get a ride in Tuesday and/or Wednesday!