News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Crazy Poles

Started by Hank, February 10, 2015, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

This video had me laughing out loud.   Holy crap are they tough on equipment.   Kinda long but entertaining.

greatbuffalo

I found these idiots last year. One of them has a video where they're playing a bit of "I bet you can't". They were taking on impossible hill climbs and throwing their bikes away.

I was waiting for on of them to chuck their bike over that quarry drop.

I also like the way they edit out faces cause you know what they are doing and the places they go are illegal.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Idiots is definitely an apt description.    I watched a couple more of their videos and they were all the same, pretty funny but they make you cringe.

Fletch

I've ridden with people like that...

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Lonesome Dave

I think you are people like that!  ;D
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on February 11, 2015, 08:43:29 AM
I think you are people like that!  ;D

You may be right, but don't tell everyone ;)

greatbuffalo

Just saw the thread title. I don't think they are Russian. I think they are Polish or Czech.

Bogus Jim

I wonder, do these guys really need a throttle cable. They could just safety wire the carb slide in the wide open position.

Hank

Hank

Quote from: Bogus Jim on February 11, 2015, 11:48:33 AM
I wonder, do these guys really need a throttle cable. They could just safety wire the carb slide in the wide open position.

No kidding.    "How to kill a four stroke in 20 hours or less".   BRAAAPP B B B B B B B BBBB  B   as it bounces off the rev limiter.

greatbuffalo

They do keep it on the limiter

Fletch

had a similar discussion with a sportbike guy the other night. are today's engines just that good or what?? seems you can run them on the limiter forever and they don't really ever break?

Hank

I think it depends on the brand / model.   Titanium 5 valve Yamahas, not so much, especially if they have a few miles on the valves.   This is my brother in law's 426 after a brief but fateful encounter with the limiter.

We decided not to fix it :)

Fletch

ouch...  seems like the sportbikes are almost indestructible? unless you wheelie them a long ways, I saw a few examples of rods stuck to cranks from that.

Hank

Yeah you almost never hear of sportbikes "blowing up", you're right.   Even with nitrous and turbos and all the other shit people do to them.   Its probably because there is no place in the known universe you can keep them pegged for more than about 12 seconds, unlike our Polish heroes and their thumpers, who seem to manage it for minutes at a time, multiple times an hour lol.

I know the local Suzuki shop has seen its share of cases of wheelie induced oil starvation in sportbikes though..   What were they thinking putting the oil pickup in the center of the engine case, it needs to be in the back corner!  :evil