Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Bret

Started by fringefan, July 02, 2009, 11:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fringefan

Your wife have that little one yet?

loingrader

nope.  i knew darn well that if i didn't go on the ride she would not have the baby and that if i DID go, she would.  wasn't worth the risk!  she actually had a lot of contractions that weekend so it was good that i was home because she probably would have called me freaking out if i had been in the hills. 

her doctor was thinking she was going to be having the baby several (4-6) weeks premature, but thankfully, everything has mellowed out now.  she's almost 38 weeks, so we are in the clear. 

i don't really like to toot my own horn, but i'll drop a line whenever our kiddo arrives, for the minority on our DDSR board who cares!

i wish i was in dustin's shoes, looking for a scoot for my kid.  that is a lot more appealing to me than diapers, feedings and sleepless nights.  BUT, we are both extrememly excited to be parents.  can't hardly wait actually.

-bret
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

fringefan

You will do great job and as far as I am concerend, I would rather pick them up when they are 2-3 years old. There are some moments as a baby when they are sleeping on your chest that still make ya smile. When he gets to that age when he can ride, please don't make him/her wear one of those leather suits ;D On second thought if it is a girl 20 years from now. that just might be alright :evil (to look that is)

Some day you need to get your mountain bike out here.

Hank

Make sure and keep us posted!     I think a little Bret in a little set of leathers would be nice  ;D  Changing diapers might be a hassle though.

loingrader

Quote from: fringefan on July 02, 2009, 11:34:17 PM
please don't make him/her wear one of those leather suits

Some day you need to get your mountain bike out here.

you knock my stylin 1 piece but if you ever have a get off going down the interstate at extra legal speeds, you'd be wish you were wearing one.  plus that was FREE with my $1200 klr, and the speeds i hit on my blackbird would take off a lot more hide than the speeds you can hit on your klr.  function over form.  i've always had that mindset.

and yea, i do need to get my mountain bike out there.  maybe i'll bring the pickup, my klr, and my mountain bike out some weekend before the sept rally and we can hit some single track on the bicycles.  hop on the klr's if we feel like we're burning too many calories. 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

loingrader

if you're looking for good motorcycling info, you can move along now cause there's nothing to see here.

our first child was born at 8:25 am on wednesday, july 15 at the douglas county memorial hospital in armour, sd.  we named her claire marie maydew.  she was 8lbs 9oz and 21.25 inches long.  we're gonna keep her!

this was taken the day after she was born.  still sporting the cone head and puffy face.

this was taken the day we got home from the hospital at 2 days old.

i knew that the stylish pink barbie klr paint scheme would come in handy sometime.  everyone is asking when i'm putting the sidecar on.  i keep telling them to ask my wife.

Caseyjones

Contrats!!! looks pretty healthy to me!

The Yeti

Congratulations!   :chug :cheers :eat
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

fringefan

Congrats, glad to hear all is well with the little one. They sell a mower attachment for that barbie bike ;D

Hank

Congrats Bret!   Nice choice on the name too (my oldest is Claire Avery).
Your life will never be the same, in a good way!

loingrader

Quote from: Hank on July 19, 2009, 03:01:44 PM
Your life will never be the same, in a good way!

it's pretty fun so far!