News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

DDSR Member in training

Started by Dustin, September 30, 2009, 08:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustin

Well I finally found a motorcycle for my son. It's a 2004 Honda CRF70F! The thing is sweet. For those of you who don't know, it's a 70cc, 3 speed, auto clutch. I was originally looking for a 50cc but when this one popped up in our small town of 600 people I could hardly pass it up. The guy was originally asking 600.00 but after a little haggling he took 500.00 for it. Except for a few small scratches I'd have to say it's near perfect. I starts and idles with the first kick every time. Since it was a little larger I had to make a set of training wheels to help him balance and not tip over. I just copied the design from a few sites on the web. I'm pretty impressed at how well they work. After a little coaching and stop-n-go drills he was riding solo. So far it's been a fun and exciting time for the both of us.  ;D

And of course the obligatory MC pics.

Crazy Uncle Larry

That's kool man!!! He looks like one happy little guy!
That's the way to do it, train them right yourself. Pretty soon safety will be second nature to them.
Best yet, then you'll have a riding partner at least until he discovers g-u-r-l-s are more fun than ole Dad.
Don't worry, just hang in there and he'll be back eventually.

Hey, one more thing, do you know any Tvedts that live out that way?

Take care and that's definitely one fine example of American Ingenuity!
"Let's take a look around the next bend before we turn back."-old Family motto

"Wonder where that road goes?"-2nd old Family motto

Hank

I bet he smiles ALOT now.   Fun stuff. 

The Yeti

That's awesome!

Think you could make a set of those training wheels for me??   ;D
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Dustin

Quote from: The Yeti on October 01, 2009, 09:48:26 AM
That's awesome!

Think you could make a set of those training wheels for me??   ;D

I bet I could! But I think you might run into problems on the tight single track stuff.  :)

numb41

you got an awesome deal on that bike!  I paid a grand for mine.

fringefan

Nice, can we put him down for the next ralley?