News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Ural Gear-Up hack

Started by loingrader, October 22, 2009, 07:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loingrader

they sell these in spearfish.  i want one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq9gBNlgkpw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_jwlwaHc70

both videos have the same music.  must be russian techno.

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

loingrader

seriously, with all the mud and snow you guys been having out in the hills this year, no one else thinks these 2wd hacks look cool?

they are a little high on maintenence but they have a 2yr unlimited mileage warranty which should cover you till most of the kinks are worked out.

a copy of 1938 bmw technology built in russia for the last 50+ years.  what's not to like?

www.imz-ural.com
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

excess

i think the look awesome and i love the concept but i don't think ural knows what gaskets are for  ;D so i stay away

Hank

I'd rather have a KLR side car rig I think.   1987 technology instead of 1947 :)

plumber mike

Cool you tube vids!

That bike would be the perfect winter ride, but I hear they are not reliable and very expensive. It would probably be easier to just ride the ATV when it snows. I'm usually in the plow truck when it snows anyway.

loingrader

Quote from: Hank on October 24, 2009, 08:13:33 AM
1987 technology instead of 1947 :)

actually, it's 1938 tech.  if it weren't for the 2wd and reverse, they wouldn't interest me near as much.  i do like retro though.

Dustin

loingrader

i'll split it with you dustin.  we can fly down to atlanta and drive her home!  i got dibs on the chair when we get in the cold weather closer to south dakota.