News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

fall ralley pics

Started by fringefan, September 21, 2008, 04:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fringefan

fringefan

That was the first attempt at linking with photobucket. Here are some of the pics I took and the rest are in my photo bucket account http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn308/fringefan/Dual%20Sport%20PICs/?start=0.

LittleJacket

nice pics chad!  I had an awesome time!
rpjohnso

loingrader

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

fringefan

Those are some of the best pics I have seen posted yet ;D

The Yeti

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

The Yeti

Dustin

Wow!!! Some really good pics guys. I had a blast! Can't wait till June to do it all over again!!  ;D

The Yeti

The Yeti

The Yeti

Great pics, everyone!!  ;D

It was a great time. Can't wait 'til June!!

loingrader

yeti, as always nice pics. 

you take great pics while the group is under way (taken at speed) and i love how you're not afraid to post pics of your amazing katoom when it's down on the rocks.

props to you.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

fringefan

Had a fantastic time with some great riding. Never seen anyone start a fire with a matress pump nor have I ever seen 4 DS cruising back to camp loaded with firewood. That sure did beat dragging it from across the highway. 

Glad everyone made it home in one piece. Had my first actual DS crash and I did not want anyone to see it but regardless how fast I picked the bike up,  Ryan managed to see the cloud of dust, tote lid knocked off, and my rack all jacked up. Now that the bike is home I get to go through and fix the stuff I broke like a few other people.

Rear Rack
Spedo Cable I think
Rear wheel adjuster
Throttle got a litttle jacked up but now it works like a throttle lock ;)
Subframe bolt kit.

loingrader

yea, i caused a bit of damage to my beautiful 16 yr old barbie klr too.

bent shifter lever
broken left hand mirror mount
gouged/scraped left side panel plastics

and then there's the ttr225

lost 2 footpeg bolts
hairline fracture on engine case complete with leaking engine oil

considering the stuff we rode out there, i think we all came out amazingly well.  except maybe ryan  ;D

The Yeti

Considering that my bike was on the ground more than any others, I sustained suprisingly little damage. Just cracked my skidplate when I came down hard on a very big rock (pic above).

You guys are all great riders and my hats off to ya! Especially the first timers, Paul and Dustin, did a great job! Very impressive riding from a couple guys with virtually no experience off-road at all...I was, and still am, amazed!

Dustin really surprised me when, after going through the rocky creek bed loop, and looking like he had just had enough of the whole thing, turned around and did it all again!!! Props to you, bud! I didn't have enough balls to try it again that day, but would like to some day.

I'd also like to try the "Hill from Hell" again, just want to say I did it, I guess. I think if I'd had my tires aired down, I might have made it a little farther than I did...won't know until I try it again. I really need to be fresh to try it, though, not something I feel good about attempting when tired. I felt really bad that I made Brian ride my giant pig of a bike for the first time down that shit, which he did without flinching, OR crashing. Brian is one of the best riders I've ever known, period.

Since I'm the oldest in our little group (this time around, at least), AND have the biggest bike, I felt really bad about paddling my way through everything and holding you guys up. I'll get better, I'm sure, but 'til then, please bear with me!  ;D 

BTW, that nastly little hill climb on Sunday morning that I refused to do...the 950 (and me) just isn't made for that kind of stuff. If you could warn me in advance about that kinda thing, I'd really appreciate it!  :o  I'm more than happy to go around and meet you guys on the other side of stuff like that...just not worth it to me to get hurt riding that far over my head.

Oh, and what is it with you guys and rocks??  Is it a masochistic/fetish thing or what?  ???  :-* Seriously, I can have just as much fun exploring fire roads, with much less of a chance for injury and/or death.  ;)  Next time I'd like to stay away from the rocky/technical bits, and explore some stuff that maybe we all haven't seen before....just IMHO, YMMV, and all that.

Ok, I'll stop whining now.  8)