News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

fall ralley pics

Started by fringefan, September 21, 2008, 04:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

QuoteI hope you guys were sober enough to separate your sleeping bags.

"Hey guys, my sleeping bag's missing!"
"Yeah, me too!"
"WTF??!!"
"I think someone's f*ckin with us..."
"Yeah, check Ryan's tent!!"
"That guy was cold last night...I'm sure he stole 'em!"
"Sure enough...and Brian's in on it!"

"Aw, look at them snuggle bunnies..."

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Crizzay23

They do make a cute couple.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Henry David Thoreau

joedaddy

Looks like you guys all had a blast and the Photo's/scenery is beautiful.  Sorry I didn't make it but had a busy 48 hrs and pussed out to go home and relax for a day before my normal 24 shift on Monday.  Looking forward to June though.  Just wondering is the time frame still the same?  Second or third weekend in June?  Let me know so I can ask for it off.

fringefan

That is the plan which is to keep the wekends the same. I think is the 3rd weekend in June. Look forward to you and even willy's if he can make it. It was a great time and the riding was just as fun as hanging around the camp fire.

ScubaMoto

So Chad, what happened with your chain?  From Alan's comentary on the videos it sounds like you broke it.  How did that get resolved?  BTW...nice pipe  ;D performance increase according to the butt dyno?
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2005 Kawasaki KLR650
2002 Honda Accord EX

loingrader

i don't know about performance enhancing on that pipe, but it sounds like the meanest john deere tractor you've ever heard.  especially when it's barrelling down on you cause you're going too slow.  look out!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

fringefan

Just knocked it off thanks to a rock and a little throttle ;D Poped it back on and gave it some lube.

As far as the pipe it sounds better or a little louder than stock and it is way lighter but the carb need some adjusting to richen it up. Should get it adjusted in the next few months but Brett is never had to worry about me passing him, he is a pretty good rider.

LittleJacket

I had a great weekend!

Thanks Brett for picking the 3rd Weekend in September-We'll make it annual!

Everyone rode great-even better than it June.  Improvement all the way around.

The newbies-you all really impressed me as everyone else.  I hope you're hooked on Dual Sport Riding.

Sooo, in regards to rocks!  When Brian leads, expect rocks!  He'll tell you that it will be easy, but it won't be.  Brian is one to push you and make you a better rider.  He'll pat you on the back, make you feel good, and then get you up hills you never thought you could.  It must be the pshycologist in him.  Oh, those poor little native kids!  I know a little push has made me a better rider.  I just wish Brian could make me a better man  ;D

Also, we rode way harder terrain this ride than we did in June.  Nice work fellas!

Things I learned!

We ride way more challenging stuff than most DDS riders-when is the last time you saw any posts on KLR sites where every picture was filled with boulders.  That makes the DDSR the best group out there.

Don't forget your sleeping bag or camera.  When you do, just steal everyone elses bag and snuggle with Brian.

Don't try to jump a big rock at 290 lbs going 25mph just because you got lucky the first time and caught a little air!  It will ding your wheels up!

Wives really don't like us having fun without them, they say it's ok, but it's not.  This is something I'm forced to relearn everytime I leave, and choose to forget!

My regrets include not trying that super steep climb where both Brian and Brett dumped their bikes, and not making it up that big hill on Sunday where we all dumped the bikes-well, except Brian-But Brandon seemed to think he dumped it too and got it picked up before the rest of us were able to see it.  Plus, he rutted out the trail for everyone else you know ;)  Next time fellas.

3rd Weekend in June is our next scheduled event-Same time, same place.  My vote is to explore the Spearfish Canyon area. 

If anyone wants to ride this Winter, look James up!  He rode 4k last winter!
rpjohnso

loingrader

that big hill off the camp 5 road is my nemesis.  it broke my mirror.  it bent my shifter.  it scratched my pink sticker.  i will conquer it on a klr someday.  mark my words.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

loingrader

doing some reminiscing.  this thread never get's old.  a lot of familiar faces but not many of these bikes are still part of the immediate DDSR family!  chad and I have stayed the course on our KLR's!

fringefan