News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Moab anyone?

Started by jacin theis, September 19, 2010, 09:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoniJo

Dear PlumberMike.....Please give me a call about hooking up for Moab.    Joni  ;D 402-861-9626
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

JoniJo

Thought some of you folks might find this link helpful........... Joni

http://www.moab-utah.com/rack/climate.html
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

iceycold

for someone who has been there done that.

is it possible and how long would you plan on it taking to go from the Moab/Arches area to CanyonLands, to Glen Canyon maybe Halls Crossing, to Natural Bridges, to Blanding, to Monticello, to return to Moab/Arches?  Whew that made me tired typing it. My wife and I were there 2010 late May and Moab was very busy. Car rallys and such. Weather was great, coolish for at night so we motel/hotel and it was little pricey and very nearly couldn't find a room. I am not the very best at plan ahead = no reservations for me, check out the dates when you plan on being there for local events.
DL1000- 07 >gone but not forgotten<
R12RT- 08
DR 650- 09
for God sake do it before 2012

JoniJo

I'm baaaack.....

Here's another link that might help with planning. See the events already listed for May.     Joni....Moab or Bust!!!

http://www.discovermoab.com/calendar.htm
JoniJo

Thomas Jefferson

JoniJo

Regretfully, I'm not going to be able to make the Moab trip.  :-\  Too much personal stuff falling in May. Enough said, I guess.

Have a great ride!!!!!!!!!! Please take a lot of video and pictures.         Your Humble Servant, Joni
JoniJo

Thomas Jefferson

plumber mike

Joni- Sorry I missed your post...but more sorry you can't make it :(

I'm planning to ride there and back(hey...it's a dual sport ::)) I think HaydukeKLR? was the inspiration. Back roads across Wyoming....dip south for a while and voila.....welcome to moab. Anyone else want in?(this will automatically exclude you from being verbally abused for trailering your bike :D)

fringefan

Mike
Get with Brian on a few routes you can take to make the trip that has lots of off road. He links up some trails near Laramie and I think rides mostly off road all the way to Steam boat. I know there are some hot springs pools around steam boat to relax in if you want to break up the trip.

jacin theis

Mike, don't count me out on riding with you. If a friend of mine from Denver can't come, then i won't need to haul an extra bike. Riding there and back would be a great time.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

agspecialties

So...Has anyone set a date yet on this trip? I say the end of april??

jacin theis

OK, i am going to check the two campgrounds to see about any group rates. I need a little better count of who is going and if they need cabins or campsites. Please copy and past the below text with youself added in the appropriate line.

camping:  Jacin (1)
cabin:
RV site:

The dates shook out at May 12-16 (or whatever you can make) this gives us three full days to plan rides.
End of April didnt work due to one of Moabs biggest events on Easter week. Sorry to AgSpecialties, hope you still make it.

I will probably give this until around March 6, knowing that there will be changes in attendance from there. Hope we get a large group. If its anything like the Fall Rally, it will be a fun bunch.
1100 GS

plumber mike

Camping for me. Showers I hope. I'll carve those pages out of my appt. book ;D

jacin theis

camping:  Jacin (1)  Mike (1)
cabin:
RV site:

Anyone else? its really quiet out there. How about Dr. Psycko? are you and you son still in?  I am not sure i should be alone in the desert with Mike...... We might never stop riding, could get dangerous.
1100 GS

fringefan

As of right now it looks like I am out.

agspecialties

To much shit going on in May. Also will be gone in Late May for SLAP.

jacin theis

Mike, its looking as if you and i will be dual sporting it alone. I guess we can make our own route and camp along the way. This sounds even more interesting, no schedule, just miles of riding. what do you think??
1100 GS