News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Official Sign-Up Thread

Started by The Yeti, May 06, 2010, 10:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loingrader

WHOOO HOOOOO   2 weeks to go! ;D ;D ;D
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

Quote from: Wacked on June 04, 2010, 07:26:51 AM

Mr Yeti -

Bumped into your upcoming rally via ADVrider last weekend.   Fantasized about it for a couple of days and then re-arranged my schedule at work.  I'd to be #30. 

What about it?  Will you take a putzer from Upper Dakota and his Transalp?  I'd be coming from Fargo, bringing a tent, and would camp the nights of 17, 18, and 19.

Wacked

Wacked if you want to roll down to Watertown and ride out with me and Onsabrock, you're more than welcome!

Wacked

Hank -

Thanks for the invite.  Rolling out of Watertown together sounds good.  When were you planning to leave?

Wacked

grubbie

Quote from: The Yeti on June 04, 2010, 10:08:31 AM
Quote from: grubbie on June 03, 2010, 10:10:38 PM
The wife and I offered to make sloppy joes for the group Friday night. We are getting a pretty good sized group here. Can we get a count on how many will be there for dinner that night (including wives or whoever else will be there)? We need to know how much to make. You can PM me with your info so this thread doesn't get so long. Also, I see folks offering to help. I wouldn't be against someone else bringing buns, chips, salad, or whatever you like.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting such a big turn-out either! There are usually multiple bags of chips floating around at any given time, so that won't be a problem. If someone wants to volunteer to bring buns and salads, that would be great!

From my count, we will have around 22 for dinner Friday night.
Here's a recipe for sloppy joes for 100 people, so you could just make 1/4 recipe and be fine.
http://www.ellenskitchen.com/bigpots/bbentree5.html

We would need about 5-6lbs of salads (potato, macaroni, 3 bean, whatever).

We will have a large roaster to cook/keep warm the sloppy joe meat if needed.
Thanks Yeti. I am sure the wife unit will use her own recipe, and we have a crock pot to put it in. Just wanted a count. I am SO lookin forward to this!! Never done anything like this before!

Hank

Not sure what time we'll hit the road but I'd guess as soon as we can get our crap together.  What time could you be in wtn?

LittleJacket

count me in Yeti!  Thanks so much for putting this all together this year!  F#@% awesome!  18, 19 tent!  i'll have a truck and trailer so i'll bring some pulled pork, spicy pickles, and some yummy cookies from Cosco along with a case of Dales Pale Ale!

Can't wait to see everybody!  thanks for the comment about my balls being in a sling fringefan!
rpjohnso

fringefan

I think I said your wife was holding them in a jar. This video may be of interest :evil

http://natebloch.com/thedoctorvisit.html

jacin theis

Yeti, can you loosely count me in to camp friday and saturday? i get back to town after being gone for 10 days that tuesday, might have too much guilt to miss the weekend with the family. at this point they are telling me to go ride, maybe they are glad im gone so much..... thanks for putting it all together.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

mommer

im IN!!! im hopefully bringin my roomate on his harley.. so count me as +1.. camping fri, sat nights.. if there is still room.. i guess ill leave him fishin durring the day... i gotta see some of this dirt. it's been too long.. im missing my best buddies un-event in colo right now!! so i can't wait to meet some of you guys in the hills...
MOMMER

P.S. if anyone wants to ride from arround ipswich/aberdeen on friday?? pm me here (if that is possible) or on adv.. same name "mommer"
see yall soon!!

JoniJo

OK...I'm getting antsy. I'm not falling to sleep at night 'cause I'm running this film in my head of the smell of pines, the anticipation of the next view around the bike trail and the wonderful smell of 4 stroke (and 2) in the morning. And you know what I'm looking forward to? The Adrenalin fix. Yup, I'm an adrenalin junky. I know...I know... as you read this you're saying to yourself, ME TOO!!!!!! ME TOO!!!!!! Aren't all bikers? I'm really looking forward to the ride and meeting a great group of like minded thrill seekers. Do I sound desperate??? Good. I am.......... Gotta go. I think I just messed myself.  ;)
                                                                                                        Joni
                                                                                                    Kaw KLX250
                                                                                                      Valkyrie

Oh yeah....The campfire scene in Blazing Saddles. Can't wait for that one! Bring on the Chili!!!!!!!

JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

loingrader

Quote from: JoniJo on June 06, 2010, 07:10:06 AM

Oh yeah....The campfire scene in Blazing Saddles. Can't wait for that one! Bring on the Chili!!!!!!!

"how bout some more beans mr. taggart?"

"i think you boys have had enough!"
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Quote from: LittleJacket on June 05, 2010, 12:58:44 PM
count me in Yeti!  Thanks so much for putting this all together this year!  F#@% awesome!  18, 19 tent!  i'll have a truck and trailer so i'll bring some pulled pork, spicy pickles, and some yummy cookies from Cosco along with a case of Dales Pale Ale!

Can't wait to see everybody!  thanks for the comment about my balls being in a sling fringefan!

Awesome Ryan!!!  Didn't think you were gonna make it...happy you can!  Got you on the list.

So, you're bringing dinner for Saturday night?  Looks like we got meals for all three nights covered now!  ;D
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

The Yeti

Quote from: jacin theis on June 05, 2010, 06:09:07 PM
Yeti, can you loosely count me in to camp friday and saturday? i get back to town after being gone for 10 days that tuesday, might have too much guilt to miss the weekend with the family. at this point they are telling me to go ride, maybe they are glad im gone so much..... thanks for putting it all together.

On the list!  Hope you can make it!

The Yeti

Quote from: mommer on June 05, 2010, 08:43:03 PM
im IN!!! im hopefully bringin my roomate on his harley.. so count me as +1.. camping fri, sat nights.. if there is still room.. i guess ill leave him fishin durring the day... i gotta see some of this dirt. it's been too long.. im missing my best buddies un-event in colo right now!! so i can't wait to meet some of you guys in the hills...
MOMMER

P.S. if anyone wants to ride from arround ipswich/aberdeen on friday?? pm me here (if that is possible) or on adv.. same name "mommer"
see yall soon!!

Awww, come on! I really want to see a Harley tackle Camp 5 road.   :evil ;D ;D  Got you on the list, and there's plenty of room, no worries.

excess

Quote from: The Yeti on June 06, 2010, 09:58:28 PM
Quote from: mommer on June 05, 2010, 08:43:03 PM
MOMMER

see yall soon!!

Awww, come on! I really want to see a Harley tackle Camp 5 road.   :evil ;D ;D  Got you on the list, and there's plenty of room, no worries.
Loan me a Harley ill give it a shot :)
In answer to your earlier question yeti, ill be camping Friday and Saturday in a 21 ft pull behind if there is still rv space available. I haven't been following the threads to closely (damn superduke) but if I can bring anything that's not covered like cups plates salads or something let me know.