Main Menu

To quiet

Started by woodsrider 53 RCSD, October 31, 2013, 08:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsrider 53 RCSD

Hank

Wacked

Death Valley Rules!

Actually PegLeg and I are in-route to do some riding next week.

Ever been to this National Park?

Wacked

Hank

Take a LOT of pictures and tell us about it when you get back.    Not like that Moab trip where you kept it all a secret!

I'm really jonesing for a bike trip, and its just barely November.

Robmicgrn

Death Valley is awesome. I have four wheeled there but never ridden through there on a bike. There is a trail we took out of Death Valley over into Panamint Valley. One of the detours is to Barker Ranch.

Barker Ranch is infamous as the last hideout of Charles Manson and his "family" after the gruesome Los Angeles murder spree. It is located inside Death Valley National Park in eastern California.

I was there in the late 80's early 90's. The house he was at and the bathroom vanity he was hiding in was still there. I  explored the house and the property. It was very creepy, even with a Glock in my hand. What was even more disturbing was that we found graffiti dated a week before our visit saying "we still love you Charlie!"

If you are close, you have to check it out. I would be interested to know if it is even still standing. It was all open then, with a working ranch right up the road.

If you really want to creep yourself out before you go read "Helter Skelter". That will put the ibee jebee factor over the top.
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: Hank on November 01, 2013, 12:53:06 PM
KTM rules :)

Oh come on Hank, just a few weeks ago Yammy ruled!   By this time next year something else will rule!  Out here in the hills right now, chainsaws rule.  :evil

Wacked and Pegleg,  you guys have a great time and epic adventure.  Wish I was there.  I want to here all about it.   :)

Quote from: woodsrider 53 RCSD on October 31, 2013, 08:57:22 PM
KAWASAKI RULES

Woody, you must be a die hard Kawee fan, that thing left you high and dry this past fall rally.  I'd be cussing that thing like I do my Ford!
Dave
Older - Wiser - Faster !

woodsrider 53 RCSD

Yes Dave you are right wish i owned a gas chain saw right now ,and my KLX was on vacation it was just sitting in the shop relaxing during the fall rally. I want to remedy that and buy a second motorcycle just not sure what one to get. There is not a WR 250 R in town,CRF 250 L sounds good but the suspension is not as good as  WR  but has more my seat height, Rosco  has a Sherco SE 300 I  I think it would be the best once you get to the trails but it has an hour meter only from what I have read it gets 30 miles to the gallon that could be a problem on a long run. Sherco seems like parts would be hard to find online to.

Lonesome Dave

Woody, this has been discussed here before, but I think the minimum of bikes is two.  A good rule of thumb is five, just to give yourself choices.  And most important, there is NO maximum.  ;) 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on November 01, 2013, 09:09:04 PM
Quote from: Hank on November 01, 2013, 12:53:06 PM
KTM rules :)

Oh come on Hank, just a few weeks ago Yammy ruled!   By this time next year something else will rule!  Out here in the hills right now, chainsaws rule.  :evil

Hey I liked the WRs real well, but you'd never hear me say Yammie rules!   

Hank

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on November 01, 2013, 10:55:11 PM
Woody, this has been discussed here before, but I think the minimum of bikes is two.  A good rule of thumb is five, just to give yourself choices.  And most important, there is NO maximum.  ;)

3 is the absolute practical minimum.  You need a small dirt bike, a good dual sport, and a road bike - ideally one that is off road capable.   And maybe a sport bike and then something else that was just too good of deal to pass up.     So its 5.   5 is the number.    :P

Fletch

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on November 01, 2013, 10:55:11 PM

I agree Dave, three is definitely not enough.  I will work on 5.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Bogus Jim

Here's what you need Stan. KTM 250, owner claims 105mph with 14/43 gearing. You would look so badass, your wife wouldn't recognize you.

woodsrider 53 RCSD

Yes the KTM motorcycles look good to me but they are just to tall for me.There is a Husqvarna 449 at black hills powerbrokers 805 miles on it same problem way to tall.

Bogus Jim

OK, this one has a lower seat. May be a little heavy for singletrack.