Come on, summer...

Main Menu

To quiet

Started by woodsrider 53 RCSD, October 31, 2013, 08:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsrider 53 RCSD

I bought a blue motorcycle.

Hank

Very cool!  Congrats.   I think you have the first Sherco in the bunch.   Do they sell them in Rapid?   I don't know much about em.

woodsrider 53 RCSD

Yes a small shop in RC. called Roscos he also has a 290 2 stroke 180 pounds. 5 speed looks awsome for single track but I opted for the four stroke the test ride was very good it has two settings for the fuel mapping hi and low from what I have read it affects spark timing and valves low is for the mud and hard to get traction areas and high is if you are late for supper and want to get home in a hurry there is a 5 hp. difference from what I have read .

greatbuffalo

A very cool and capable machine.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

grubbie

I read some articles/reviews about those. Cool bike, now I bet you are REALLY chomping at the bit to ride! Congrats!

Osnabrock

Right on.
A Sherco 2stroke is on my short list for a new bike when the time comes.  It's in there with 2 other brands.
If I go with either Sherco or Gas Gas, I'll likely purchase from Roscoe's even though the shop is about 700 miles away.  He treated me well when I needed parts while I was out riding in the Hills.  It's a good shop.
Congratulations.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Bogus Jim

Ross makes an appearance in this video, around the 2:30 mark.  :)   Red Bull Last Man Standing 2007 enduro in Bulcher TX.

Congrats on the bike Stan, now you are ready for the Moon Rocks trail.

Lonesome Dave

Congrats Woody.  Did you grow longer legs or find a lowering kit?  What happened to the Husky idea, just too tall?  Where's the KLX, did you trade it?
Older - Wiser - Faster !

woodsrider 53 RCSD

Good video Jim the motorcycle might be ready for that race but I don't think I would be up for it. Seems like its gonna be a long wait to  get out on the trails the weather will get better soon. Rosco is on the hunt for the lowering links ,radiator guards,he already has the horn , mirror ,hand guards and speedometer. I will keep the KLX for sure I like that motorcycle to.  What was the right # of motorcycles to own what did you guys decide. 

Hank

Quote from: woodsrider 53 RCSD on February 01, 2014, 05:37:11 PM
What was the right # of motorcycles to own what did you guys decide.

Somewhere between 3 and 40.

My cousin has 41 in his garage.  That's just too many :)

YOURDRUNKDAD

It is always way to quiet here...  And you know I have to disagree  I have had a lot of bikes (no KTMs though). The Dr is the best bike out of all. My favorite anyway.  I also have farkled this thing more than just about anything I have ever owned.
Also July 18th a buddy of mine from Ut and I are doing the CO and UT BDR's. If your interested in going let me know.

Fletch

Quote from: Bogus Jim on February 01, 2014, 02:45:35 PM
Ross makes an appearance in this video, around the 2:30 mark.  :)   Red Bull Last Man Standing 2007 enduro in Bulcher TX.

Congrats on the bike Stan, now you are ready for the Moon Rocks trail.

Ross can ride really well..
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

woodsrider 53 RCSD

I picked up the SHERCO today about 4:30 this afternoon did not have much time to ride but did manage to get to Victoria lake for a short ride up tr # 715. What a ride this motorcycle is a lot of fun to ride. Plenty of power never took it off the low setting on the fuel mapping, will have to try this on the next ride. I will be riding on Sunday if anyone is interested let me know.   

woodsrider 53 RCSD

YAMAHA NEW RULER ,Rode it down  TR#8089 today Dalton via Nemo to Sugar Shack then by Slate Creek toward Hill
City. I always stop in Hill City for fuel and a snack while eating I noticed 2 missing bolts on my Skid plate did not have allen wrench to tighten the other 2 so headed home . But of course I had to hit TR#6715 on the way home. Found some bolts at Ace and used Lock tight  this time phillips but will work. What a nice day for a ride. Will be doing about same ride tomorrow , but from Nemo headed for Camp 5 or Chinese Walls.