News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

To all you GoPro Hero nerds.....

Started by JoniJo, June 16, 2012, 08:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoniJo

Has anyone tried to use the external mic jack? If so, Where did you get your cable? From GoPro?
I'm also assuming that you have to use the "ported" or "skeleton" back door as they call it to the case to allow the cable outside access.
Advice requested.........  8)   

I'll bring a bunch of jerky.                          Thanks, Joni

P.S. See 'ya Thursday!!!!!!!!!  :D  ;D  :)
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Bogus Jim

It's just a standard 3.5mm stereo plug. You can buy a cable anywhere...

If you want a cable + microphone, this one is getting good reviews. I bought this one... but FYI, it took 3-4 weeks to ship because he's a 1-man operation and currently swamped with orders.

http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119897

Another one that's used/recommended quite a bit:

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATR-3350-Omnidirectional-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B002HJ9PTO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337357850&sr=8-1

The disadvantage of the Audio-Technica is it's battery powered, so when the mic battery goes dead, your video clips won't have any audio. And there's no indicator to tell you when the battery's dead.

To plug in the microphone, you can either use the skeleton case or drill a hole in the water proof case.

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

The Yeti

I wish my Contour had and external mic jack.  :(

Apparently it can be done, but not without major surgery.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

JoniJo

Great advise! Thanks folks. I think I'm going to try the Audio Technica and carry lots of little batteries.    8)
Cannot wait to see all of you!   :cheers         JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson