News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Spring Rally Info

Started by greatbuffalo, March 10, 2023, 10:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Spring rally will be held again this year at Custer Crossing Campground. June 15 - 18.

OK here goes.  When last I left Custer Crossing, it was being being managed by the Nephew and Niece in Law, and the owners were not present. Left unsupervised the manager team did things that were not conducive to good business. Many saw this first hand. So, without getting into the ugly family history, lets look at where we are today.

Needless to say those, that were managing the campground last year are no longer there. When last I talked to them, (I can't even remember their names) the plan was to wait till the end of January/beginning of March, I was to receive an email stating how we would make reservations. It was discussed was that they would hold online registrations till the end of April and allow us to have first crack at reservations. That email never came, and, to be honest I was caught up my life challenges to notice. As a result Michelle, the owner, was unaware of these plans and communications. So what now?

After calling and talking to Michele Bessette, she sent me this email of what they have open. Look it over and get on the phone and make your reservations. I understand that Cabins are few. They are holding the cabins and the apartment for us. So tell them who you are and that you are with DDSR.  If you aren't lucky enough to get one, try the local area for other offerings.
Here is the email.

Hi Dan

We just spoke on phone

Our cabins are $78.00/night (max 4 person per cabin)

RV sites are $48.00/night(max one unit per site)

Note: the cabins now have a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker and RV sites are

Now full hook ups (power, sewer, water)

Any questions please call me

Michelle Bessette

Custer Crossing Family Campground

22036 Highway 385

Deadwood, SD 57732

605-584-1009

I am very sorry about this and wish there was a way of knowing what was to come.

BTW: I am willing to step down from this position of coordinator, a position I never asked for and one that keeps me wondering how it happened. Volunteers need speak up. We can even have a ceremony of sorts to induct you.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

sandhillrider

Just talked to Michelle.
She has reserved remaining cabins for us but you must call her to reserve them.
Cabins will show as full on internet.
Plenty of RV sites as of today.
If you made your reservation last summer it is lost so you'll need to make new reservations.

greatbuffalo

Need to say that if you are gonna attend, please get you're reservations in soon.

Also if you are gonna need a cabin or the apartment they have, please call soon as I told her I am not expecting her to hold these forever. Please call her soon to reserve.  She is being very cool holding these in her name until someone from our group calls.

Again I am very sorry how this whole event has turned into a cluster but circumstances are what they are and the owners are doing their best to take care of use. Lets look ahead and make this a great event.

greatbuffalo

There has not been much activity around here since the initial posting. I just posted the sign up thread to see if that helps drive some activity.

If this proves to be a small a gathering, its okay by me.

If you are planning to attend and need a cabin, if they are still available call in the next 2 days. I will call Michelle on Wednesday and tell her to cut these loose so she does not sit on them and loose out to potential reservations.

There are still plenty of RV spots available and call to inquire about tent spots if needed.

Abercrombie

I'm in barring any unforeseen scheduling difficulties.  I booked a cabin and she reported that there is one more cabin available and four more RV sites blocked out by our fearless, selfless and humble organizer Dan.  Thanks for doing the leg work Dan!   

Wizard

Friday night of the rally will be the annual food and fun night this year's offering is Sloppy Joes! Bring something if you would like, otherwise we will have stuff! See Y'all There!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk