News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

June Rally Location

Started by loingrader, January 27, 2010, 10:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where should base camp be for the June Rally

Fish n Fry/Wild Bills - great location near Deadwood, very familiar trails, little pricy.
Whispering Pines - near the Silver City area, still lots of trails, more new areas to ride
Hill City area - Pactola area, newer area for most.
Farther south - Custer, Sylvan, etc.
I don't care as long as it's cheap
I don't care as long as gas/food/beer is close
I came to ride, no preference whatsoever

grubbie

Well,...not into tattoos, but I will try and find some KLR stickers for the Yammy. :D Can't WAIT to get out and see the hills! You guys pretty much ride all day? Just wondering what gear/food/water or anything I will need to pack along.

loingrader

some guys pack everything but the mini fridge when we go riding.  i tend to do the opposite and leave almost everything at camp.  i bring a camera, water bottle, couple granola bars, gps, forest service map, billfold, eye drops (gets dusty) and it all fits easy in my wolfman enduro tank bag.  we usually ride all day but can only go as far as the bike with the smallest tank (or the guys that forget to fill up - you know who you are!) so we cross paths with civilization thru the day.  plus if someone breaks something or wants to relax a bit, people head back to camp.  i don't get out to the hills very often, so i like to ride as much as possible, and i like tough trails.  that's just me.  everyone is different.

sometimes we head out as 1 big group, other times we split up into smaller groups but meet up for lunch, etc.  the idea is to get everyone to trails that they want to ride, for as long (or as short) as they want to ride them. 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

flexlarson

Hey
Times coming soon. I think that old faithful Fishnfry is good but im not opposed to new stuff. Amyone know some new areas well? I just got a new old bike and will do some scouting. I dont really care for wispering pines but thats my 2 cents.
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

NDave

greeting from the great white north    winter is half over    you can tell cause it's starting to flood

Gerry and I  plan to be at June rally

plumber mike

I saw Austin (Excess) at the Pizza Lab tonight. It looked like he was putting the moves on a lovely lady ;) That fine gal just happens to be the owners daughter of the Wild Bill Campground at the corner of 385 and Galena Rd. He thought we could get a mighty fine deal there and also wanted me to mention the full bar was better than the FNF. He said he hasn't been on the board for awhile because of work( I guess I just don't work that hard ::))

The snows melting....the mud is great and the roads are dry!!!

NDave-nice first post. Looking forward to riding with you guys again.

The Yeti

Quote from: plumber mike on March 25, 2010, 10:11:06 PM
I saw Austin (Excess) at the Pizza Lab tonight. It looked like he was putting the moves on a lovely lady ;) That fine gal just happens to be the owners daughter of the Wild Bill Campground....

I was just thinking about Austin the other day, thought he may have dropped off the edge of the world...glad to hear he's still in top form. ;)  We stayed at Wild Bill's once during one of the fall rallies, had the biggest bonfire EVER!  That would be cool if we could get a deal there.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

excess

Hello guys, she is a lovely lady :) but happens to be Ronnie's girl (ronnie came to fish&fry with me last year on the drz) If you guys are interested i can get some prices and info from her. Any idea how many confirmed people for the rally?
Austin

excess

$6 per person per night she says. that sounds pretty good to me. but whatever you guys think i'll be there wherever it is. i am going to try to perfect my over the log front flip this year ;D

fringefan

Where is this $6 lovely lady and is she going to bring more of that egg pie this year ;D

excess

momma brought the egg pie and she has committed to bringing a breakfast out  :) . I'm hoping the 6 dollar lovely lady brings the Pendleton  ;)

loingrader

Quote from: excess on March 28, 2010, 08:14:35 PM
i am going to try to perfect my over the log front flip this year ;D

i don't know how you are going to improve on your log flip last year, it was at least a 9.2.  you must have been practicing this winter. 

$6/person/night would be hard to beat.  may almost make it worth it to stay there and then road it down to the central hills, but again, i don't care where we go!!!!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Nice to see you around again, excess!  We're gonna have to get out and ride soon, now that the weather is starting to cooperate.

I'm up for staying wherever, but think the Sheridan area would afford us some new scenery. And, Sportfaller and Hayduke seem to know all the best trails around there.

Sportfaller

careful what you say about the weather, 'sposed to snow tomorrow!
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

mommer

well now.. this sounds like fun.. im IN  ;D

The Yeti

Hope to see you there, mommer!