New to the forum and to South Dakota

Started by dyeok11, May 28, 2013, 08:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyeok11

Just thought I would say hello.  Recently moved from west central MN to outside of Mitchell SD.  Currently I am in between bikes (from G650GS to 800gs)  but look forward to finding some new places to ride.

Lonesome Dave

Welcome to the forum, great bunch of people here.  Several members in the Mitchell area.  Starting with Great Buffalo.  He'll chime in as soon as he reads this.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Welcome dyeok,

I'm here in Mitchell. You have to be a little creative finding places to ride around here but it can be done. Are you in the market and looking for a bike now? I'm not selling but hear about those that are all the time.

We'll have to meet some time.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

dyeok11

Thanks for the replies!

Great Buffalo,  I have a bike on order through Bak BMW in Sioux City but it is in the process of being built in Germany.  I was told it will be a  few more weeks.  Fortunately we haven't had the nicest weather the last couple weeks so I don't feel I've missed too much riding wise.  You are correct about being creative,  it's a tad geographically bland around here but not too much different than where I came from. 

Hank

Welcome!  Got an F800GS on order eh?  Sweet bike!

greatbuffalo

Ya, a GS800 would be a sweet ride. Got my eyes on a British 800 someday.
Problem is, there's too many bikes and so little cash. :'( :'(

Gonna PM you my info.

numb41

if you get to chamberlain, give me a call.... dont forget to let loingrader know what's up.

greatbuffalo

Is there any good places to ride in the Chamberlain area? I've seen a couple of posts from you guys in the past.

numb41

... there's a few.  What type of riding are you looking for?  Lots of gravel, some dirt roads.  Could spend a day just going through public hunting areas.

greatbuffalo

Never really thought about public hunting areas.