News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Howdy from the 'Hills

Started by Whirlynerd, April 25, 2012, 04:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whirlynerd

My name is Wendell--I've lived in the Black Hills for some time now; been riding for over a decade but new to dual sporting--bought a F800GS last year and I've been loving it.

Hope to see you out there!

Sportfaller

welcome to the forum Wendell, we've talked before, I'm a forester at the mill. Great looking bike, good choice of color too!  hopefully you'll join us for a ride sometime this spring!

~Josh

PS, I have a build thread going on ADV for my 800, http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=760549

Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

jacin theis

Hey Wendall. did i pass you at three forks today about 1:30 or so?? i thought it was Josh, but the rider was a bit,,,, smaller. Nice to see you here. We need some more riders close. There are a lot that are willing, but not so able as they haven't moved here (YET).
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Lonesome Dave

Welcome Whirlynerd, great bunch here.  Love that name.  Hope to see you soon!

Josh and Jim, where's that cabin at?  If I ever stop hurting, and in a few more weeks,  I want to go there! 

LD  8)
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

I worked on that cabin a few years ago for the Passport in Time program. Did the initial archaeology survey. Don't remember where its at though.

Jacin, I got that "Yet" thing.

Welcome to the asylum. Great bunch of folks.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Sportfaller

That Cabin is north of silver city, if you go all the way to the locked gate and parking area for fishing, hang a hard right and head north up the dray you'll go right by it.
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Whirlynerd

Hey Josh, good to hear from you--definitely need to get together for a ride.

It could've been me Jacin--I work 2nd shift and get out during the week quite a bit.  And yes, I could use another 30lbs or so! Skinny guy in a grey 'Stich....

Thanks for the welcome!

Wendell