News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Getting them all ready

Started by Lee Bruns, April 13, 2013, 02:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Bruns

So, I got the DL1000 V-Strom all done and ready to ride, then checked valve lash on the DRZ250 and put a new rear tire on it, Next will be putin a BOAT/sidecar on the GT750 Waterbuffalo for additional multi sport riding. Now if only the snow would melt. Drat!

Mpd240

This was how my driveway look last Thur.  I suppose the snow was my fault for getting it out.

Lee Bruns

I got my new rer rack built and installed, and a new cooker box mounted, ready to start making some new reciepes while riding. Rode the DRZ250 to work today, the DL1000 is a sweet bike, but too much sand on the roads makes me hesitant to take it out till the roads are swept.

greatbuffalo

Cooker box.... Can you expand a little on this? How you made it, where you mount it????

Years ago while driving an old B Model Mack dump truck I fabbed a cooker on the manifold to cook lunch. Throw in some peppers, onions, brats and what ever else at coffee break and lunch was ready by noon.

But how the heck do you do it on a bike, much less an offroader?
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lee Bruns

I'll snap some more photos of it. Its curved on the back and atatches to the outside of the stock muffler (Aftermarket might be fine if you can form the material to the same radius. I made this one, as everything else, from recycled aluminum baking pans.  I'm heading out to try out another receipe today, will get photos then.

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?