News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Planning for Fall 2012 Rally

Started by The Yeti, July 03, 2012, 05:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Soooo....where you all wanna stay this year? I kinda liked the accomodations at KOA last year (besides the torrential downpour), plus it's closer to the trails I'm familiar with.  8)

If you guys wanna try and stay in another area of the hills, I'm up for it. Just be aware that a lot of campgrounds are already closed that time of year or are unwilling to make deals with me.  :o
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Robmicgrn

Is the KOA Palmer Gulch? Curious about the deals there (called up there to take the family and was floored by the rates). I am up for anywhere, but the campground at Deerfield treated us very well when I was there earlier this year with a group of (cough) ATV's. All kinds of trails in the area as well. My two cents.
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Sportfaller

Fuel, food, and beer there at deerfield too!  What are the proposed dates?

Sent from my smarter-than-I-am phone using tapatalk 2
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

loingrader

deerfield sounds good to me too.

but i'm up for anything.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Fletch

I don't participate enough to have an opinion, but thanks to all of you that make htese things happen. I will make it for a ride or two wherever it is :)
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

I'm a follower. I'll be where ever the rest of you are.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Mystic Hills would probably be friendly to us as it looks like they cater to the ATV crowd, but that's not far from the FnF so its probably not the best choice.   

I was eyeing the southern hills map and the area between Summit Ridge and Bear Mnt sure look to be loaded with some kind of trails, but I have no idea of the quality.  Custer would be the nearest camping I'd guess.   PS - Alan thanks for starting this.. I was just thinking that its needs to get done!

Bogus Jim

I always laugh when I ride past this Custer campground. With a name like that, they must cater to dirt bikes, right?  ;D

http://www.blackhills.com/roost/index.html

I don't know anything about the campground, just get a chuckle out of the name.

JoniJo

I'm a follower like GB.
I'd follow you guys anywhere. Really!   
All I know is I'll be there!!!!!!!!   8)   JoniJo

JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

The Yeti

Quote from: Robmicgrn on July 03, 2012, 07:01:25 PM
Is the KOA Palmer Gulch? Curious about the deals there (called up there to take the family and was floored by the rates).

Yup, that's Palmer Gulch. Last year we had $5/night/person for tenters and $20/night for RV sites...I was shocked that they would go that low considering their regular rates.

Quote from: Sportfaller on July 03, 2012, 07:12:34 PM
What are the proposed dates?

Ummm...check the top of the forum section Josh.  ;)

Quote from: loingrader on July 03, 2012, 07:46:30 PM
deerfield sounds good to me too.

Do any of you guys have an 'IN' at Deerfield? I could just give them a call, but I didn't know if anyone else is more familiar with the owners....this is the place you guys are talking about, right? http://mtmeadowsresort.com/

Quote from: BogusJim on July 04, 2012, 10:56:08 AM
I always laugh when I ride past this Custer campground. With a name like that, they must cater to dirt bikes, right?  ;D

http://www.blackhills.com/roost/index.html

I don't know anything about the campground, just get a chuckle out of the name.

Pretty sure I called them last fall and they were already closed.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Lonesome Dave

Yeti, the place sold last fall to the present owners.  I don't know them, but they will sure remember us.  We were there twice with about 20 riders coming in all at once.  I did mention we were talking about a rally there in Sept.  They were happy and excited to hear about a possible rally there.  I think I would just call them for rates and such.  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

jacin theis

I had to search of rthe dates too. Might be better in the title. a little copy and pastey since i dont like to read the fine print....

Dakota Dual Sport Riders »
2012 DDSR Rally Info »
September 13-16 2012 »
Planning for Fall 2012 Rally

Sounds fun!
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Sportfaller

Yeah, i'm just a dumba$$.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Hank

Hey everybody... this is closing in fast.  Any further thoughts on the where for this time around?

loingrader

i'm bringing the kdx so i'd like to be close to trails.

also bringing the fam so will not be tenting.  rentable rv's or something with water and electricity would be a nice option if it's available where we stay. 

but don't change plans for me.  i can stay somewhere else if needed and get to where ever the DDSR group is at!

it is coming up fast.  whatever you decide yeti, works for me.

FWIW i liked staying at the koa but deerefield would be fun too!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro