News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Planning for Fall 2012 Rally

Started by The Yeti, July 03, 2012, 05:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Yeti, I talked with the folks at Mountain Meadow Resort a couple of weeks ago when I was up there wandering around.  They were happy to know we were considering them for a location and they remembered us.  At the time, the week of the 13th was wide open for reservations.  I asked about the possibility of group rates and they were open to the idea.  They asked about how many, I figured the fall rally would be smaller than the spring so I guessed at around 40 people.  I've always liked the Deerfield area and am kind of partial to it.  I do believe the nights could be slightly cooler than that of the lower elevations.

My 2-cents; there's lots of ATV trails that are similar to single track.  Plus the usual two-track roads, and the normal gravel roads. Also there should be a pretty good chance of seeing elk around there at that time of year.  The ATV trails did seem to be popular at the spring rally, or at least I heard lots of favorable comments.  I do think the area also benefits newer riders and love-boat riding.  Don't get me wrong, there's still plenty of rocks!

Okay, there's some info and its obvious where my vote is at, but I'll go anywhere, as long as I don't break something before then.  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Where ever it is will need to have cabin or room or RV rental as I will be traveling with my wife, she doesn't do tents. I'm up for anything with those limits.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

loingrader

Mountain Meadow has furnished cabins.

And fuel, a cafe, small store and trails right off the property.  what else do we need?

I think we should plan on this location for the fall rally if they will give us a deal. 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Hey guys,

Deerfield sounds good to me. I'll give 'em a call in the next couple days and set it up. Then I can get the sign-up thread going right after I have the reservations.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

From left field, what if we moved the date to 9/29 weekend?   There are two other groups (MN and NE guys, both which will have folks from previous DDSR rallies) both planning for that weekend.   Clay/TannerC can't make the 9/15 date and I can't either.    Its just a thought and if the majority want to keep the current date, that's cool too.

greatbuffalo

I've already made plans for the 13th - 16th. Pushing it ahead 2 weeks would put me out. 2 weeks ahead could also make a big difference in camping weather. That's my 2 cents.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

loingrader

on adv they said they hoped for better weather this year...     :-\       anything after sept 1 runs the risk of being cold.  course it could be 80 degrees too, one never knows for sure!

worst case scenario, we keep ours as scheduled, they keep theirs, and folks can pick or choose which one they can attend (or both) and maybe we can work on dates and coordinate a group rally for sept 2013.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

That's probably the best bet for now, unless there are a LOT of people that would prefer the 29th.
We'll see what Yeti and others say.

The Yeti

Makes aboslutely no difference to me as far as those dates go. I do think it SHOULD be colder by then, but like Bret sez - you never know!

Shall we take a vote? (See poll at top of this page.)
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

JoniJo

I've already put in for vacation the 13th-16th.
I think I could change it if I had to.................
Whatever the group decides.          8)       JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

agspecialties

I am one of the guys who is planning the trip on the 29th. Last year we went the second week of Oct and had a good first day and back second and third day.  Weather was raining and snowing on us.  As far as getting the the three groups together, that is up to you guys. We aren't going to change the date because of cabins have been rented already.
We will be riding out of Nemo. If it don't work out this year getting together, maybe next fall. We try to go out and ride on the last weekend of Sept.

Hank

I voted doesn't matter.  I have a better chance of making 9/29 but that's not guaranteed either. 

agspecialties

Quote from: Hank on July 30, 2012, 04:59:25 PM
I voted doesn't matter.  I have a better chance of making 9/29 but that's not guaranteed either.

Hank, you and anyone else are more then welcomed to join our little group of guys. Like I said before, we are going to stay in Nemo and will take off from there usally around 9 in the morning, we try to ride gravel and single track all day, or till we get tired.

loingrader

alright.  not a lot of opinions here.   :o

should we just keep the date the same this year and get our accommodations finalized? 

???

Hank