News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Riding

Started by tannerc, July 17, 2012, 12:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tannerc

Anyone in the hills interested in riding in the hills this weekend July 20-22.?.  trails, forest road & single track.?.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Hank

Is Andrea going too?    We're scheming on how to get out there...

tannerc

Not sure if she is up to it  ::)  Trying to get her to skip a wedding and go riding  :evil
Im going out regardless!
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

akfalla

:evil Well..... I'm the a$$hole friend that ditched on the wedding plans. They'll get over it.  A friend told me "ultimately do what will make u most happy" and i say F' the wedding... as long as i can get my bike ready tonight and the boss gives me Friday off I'll be tagging along with tannerc.

It'd be cool if you n' your lady can make it too, Hank!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– "Wow! What a Ride!"  :o -Hunter S. Thompson

Hank

Not looking like we'll be able to make it out 2 weekends in a row...  :(

We are however planning to go the the CADVR rally in Wisconny in a couple weeks.  That looks like quite a gathering...

You guys should clear your calender for that too!

ORedenbacher

Reservations made for 8/8-8/12 @ CADVR 5    8)

JoniJo

Is the CADVR rally a bike or car rally or both?     JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

grubbie

I am camping at fish and fry thurs thru sat. Would love to have someone to ride with and show me some trails. Planned on exploring by myself but that can be dangerous at times. Also gonne take the wife on some gravel road rides. Didnt get to come to the spring rally and I need some time away.

ORedenbacher

Quote from: JoniJo on July 18, 2012, 08:23:17 PM
Is the CADVR rally a bike or car rally or both?     JoniJo

"Voted best motorbike rally in a billion years"

Here's their home page:
http://www.cadvrider.com/index.html/

And, don't miss the graphics for the event here - priceless:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=752810

ZIGGY

Quote from: tannerc on July 17, 2012, 12:29:50 PM
Anyone in the hills interested in riding in the hills this weekend July 20-22.?.  trails, forest road & single track.?.

Jealous!! Tried to work it out, but that damn thing called work won't let me.  >:( Hopefully Akeley will still work out!

tannerc

grubbie PM sent
Ziggy from that last post it sounds like your getting a cough maybe a weekend flu? ;)

akfalla

Gosh, wish I could make the CADVR  :-\ ...sounds like a blast!! Probably pretty beautiful country too. Anyone know on the difficulty of the trails? Rocky and sandy?

Sorry you can't make it Hank... but understandable.

Ziggy... I think tannerc has the right idea.... explosive diarrhea from Taco Bell sounds like a better/more believable excuse to me.  :o
Luckily my boss is awesome... she even told me to skip the stupid wedding and go riding! heh...  I may have an angry friend but with time they'll get over it. It's not my fault they don't understand that riding is like a powerful addiction  :evil

Looking forward to meeting you and your wife Grubbie- It's always nice to have another lady along.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– "Wow! What a Ride!"  :o -Hunter S. Thompson

ZIGGY

Damn you people!!! Quit trying to tempt me! Don't think that the thought of sickness hadn't crossed my mind! Well...maybe not quite that graphically anyways.  ???
aaaahhhrrrggg...addicting is right...I was ready to go back to the Hills the day after we got back from the rally.
And now I lost my riding partner in Bis. Busted his femur into 5 pieces in a freak wave runner accident.

Damn it... I better go eat at taco bell tonight.

tannerc

tannerc

Had a GREAT time today! Explored some new areas, tried out some new single track & some hairy, long, lose slate UTV hill climbs  :evil. Thanks for joining us Grubbie!