News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Started by Hank, August 16, 2012, 06:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NDave

Hey Dan I'm coming down with my KLR and DR400 so we should have sompin extra to ride         anybody talked to Gerry lately?

the DR has a FMF dynojet kit in it and sucks alot of gas          the orig  jet  appears to be   142.5        no  clue  what jet is in now

plan to leave it as is    I think a race with another  400       (Gerry)     will help me figure out if it works  ok

Wacked

Hey All -

Just curious.   Are we allowed to have fires at Deerfield or is the area under restrictions?

Think I'll come down via Devils Tower- never been there.

Wacked

greatbuffalo

No open fires anywhere in the Hills. Full fire ban in affect the last I knew.

The road that passes by Devil's Tower is a nice road and fun ride as far as ashalt goes. There are also some good rides on gravel through the Bearldge area of the hills. Ride safe.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

grubbie

Dang, Brad,.....trying to figure out how to ride from Devils Tower with you since it's kinda in my back yard,....but....the wife unit doesn't want to pull the camper through the hills so I have to drive. You can get from the Tower to Deerfield 98% off pavement.
Also, a few people asking about extra rides, the wife's CRF230L will be sitting idle for a good share of the time. It's kinda small but it's a blast to ride. I take her for a day of gravel road riding, other than that it should be available to use.

jacin theis

Anyone have a tally of how many are coming? Where PlumberMike been? Snooker? Gerryeye? I know Josh opted for a wedding instead of fun, whatever...
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

greatbuffalo

Josh.......the guy has no sense of priority. ;D

Maybe we should have a moment of silence for him....

gerry1eye

Son David finely decided to come and he's going to ride my green DRZ, so I'll be on the big pig KLR.  I'm hoping Sprout doesn't show up, so I can keep up.

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Gerry1eye and David
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
DATE ARRIVING: Sept 14
DATE LEAVING: Sept 16
TENT OR RV: RV
SIZE OF RV: 24 foot
NUMBER OF TENTS:

I will do pulled pork sandwiches, beans and pie on Saturday night if that works for the group.

Sorry I took so long on posting, but been busy playing lumberjack, which I suck at - hoping I'm fit enough to ride motorbike.
fearless to fear of falling - warranty has expired.

Hank

Quote from: jacin theis on September 11, 2012, 09:14:30 AM
Anyone have a tally of how many are coming? Where PlumberMike been? Snooker? Gerryeye? I know Josh opted for a wedding instead of fun, whatever...

I have a tally in the 2nd post. As of now 17 riders and a few non-riding accomplices.

Lonesome Dave

Sounds like we have a plan!  My wife will bring up the chili Friday afternoon for supper.  Dan let me know if your going to bring the stew so we have idea how much chili to make.  Or, if you, or anyone else just want to bring the fixings, cheese, plastic spoons, and  paper bowls let me know.   LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

ORedenbacher

Hank & I will bring cheese, onions, crackers, spoons & bowls. 

greatbuffalo

We'll make a pot of stew.

Gerry, glad you can make it. Sprout usually only comes to the Spring rally.

grubbie

We will do sloppy joes Thursday night, might be kinda nice for those setting up camp thursday afternoon so they dont have to cook.

Lonesome Dave

Thanks ORed or is it Ms Bacher!

By the way, I was talking with a co-worker today.  He told me about a neat cave in that area called "Ice Cave"  (Actually two others caves close by)  Sounds like it might be fun to find.  Also, this may take more research (probably next summer) but he asked me about an old plane crash that occurred in the 60s or 70s in the Deerfield area.  He has tried to find it a couple of times with no luck.  I found a web site with coords to a plane crash that happened in 1977.  Not sure if its the same one, but its close to where he described.  The plane is suppose to be partially intact.  Who knows, maybe another adventure?  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

pegleg

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: ERIC/PEGLEG
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:1, MAYBE MORE ON SAT.
DATE ARRIVING: Sept 14
DATE LEAVING: Sept 16
TENT OR RV: RV
SIZE OF RV: 26'
NUMBER OF TENTS:

greatbuffalo

Pegleg, will be nice to have more new members of the group.